1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo III Official Thread

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Cannot wait for this! I get it for the Annual Pass, but it for my brother-in-law for his birthday. I now love Amazon Prime. It will be here Tuesday.

Client is downloaded and ready to go. I believe you can install and patch it tomorrow.

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Thanks, Tom. Never occurred to me to just DL from Battle.net. duh! Amazon order cancelled.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fwiw.. currently installing my Digital copy right now, they unlocked the install-prevention-until-release a few hours early..

4. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Yep, was able to do the same when I got home from work (5-ish EST). Wonder if they'll open the server a little early perhaps?

5. Elspeth

Installed and ready to go :)

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

OK. I'm leaving work now. Should be on line by 7:30-ish EST. Anyone else playing tonight?

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Already killed Skelly King and Maghra... Muahahahaha

ethics#1876 is my online acct if anyone wants to coop.

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Dude, don't you have a job or something? ;)

9. ethics

Yep! Don't be jelly. :)

10. ethics

Btw, if you are in the game already, don't get out. If not, you won't be able to get in.

11. Elspeth

Probably won't be on much tonight. It is fun to laugh at the nerd rage on the boards because of the problems of today.

I have played a little today but not much. There are days I love working from home.

Kayln#1229

12. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Got in just fine. jimeez#1190

13. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Home from last final exam of the semester. Too late to do anything tonight. See y'all later this week. :)

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Probably deserving of a new thread at some point because I'm sure we're going to get into some detailed discussions, but I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this game. Well worth the dough IMO. Blizzard did a fantastic job with this one.

15. SixofNine

I'm going to crack open the box this weekend. Somebody please hip me to what "elective mode" is. People are raving about it.

16. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

17. SixofNine

Thanks, it definitely looks like a nice feature. Here are a copy of very useful posts from the thread that Tom linked:

18. Domh

Domh Full Member

Holy CRAP. I started this thread in 2009!? WTF!

WHY IS TIME PASSING SO QUICKLY?

Oh. Right. Gym replaced booze. That does explain it.

;-)

19. SixofNine

oic.

I only have a level 8 wizard and had never seen any posts about unlocking buttons. I finally clicked on the skill calculator and it all makes sense now. So even at my low level I have to make tradeoff decisions, such as whether to have the AoE Arcane Orb or the single target Ray of Frost (for which I already have a rune) as my secondary skill. At least the cooldown in Normal mode for swapping out skills is mere seconds.

d3_skill_calc.png

20. SixofNine

Posted this in the other D3 thread, but this is the rightful home for this:

seidinove#1171