1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo III Official Thread

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

D3 went into F&F (friends and family) Beta a day or so ago. Not sure when other invites will go out, but if you're interested, make sure your account reflects you're interested in the Diablo Universe betas.

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I'm ready for this!! Bring it on.

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

After SC2, Blizz is on my shat-list. I'll wait until reviews come in before buying it.

5. ethics

Why wait? I mean, I put that vid on HD, maximized screen and aside from the pretty graphics (SC2) it's the same old shit? Different dungeons, of course, and such but...5 years in development for this?

6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Yeah, no kidding. I figured though, if the reviews come in and they're stellar, then I'd give it a whirl. I'm not terribly excited though.

7. ethics

Agreed. The only thing that would make me buy and play is that if the rest of my friends -- mostly people on GA -- would do the same.

8. Biker

I have absolutely no interest in it. Especially when they came out with the AH for real cash.

9. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Just got my closed beta invite. woooooo!

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

OK. I'm enjoying this. Leveled up a Monk to LVL 6. The game play is identical to D2 in many ways. The graphics and audible atmosphere are awesome. The visual vertical layering of the dungeons is pretty cool; you can see a few floors below you on most levels.

I'm not thrilled with the item interaction. I haven't found the key assignment that allows me to highlight the item name for the item drops. Gold automatically picks up when you walk over it. Items do not.

The skill levels are different. You don't have access to all of your skills unless you are at an altar. If you'r enot at an altar, you're not switching skills. This is stupid IMO.

Overall it's mildly entertaining, but nothing really new here expect for the pretty graphics.

11. ethics

HUh? You got in D3 BETA?????

12. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Ummm I'm guessing you didn't see my post last night, eh?

13. ethics

I did, I just thought you put in the wrong thread. That you got in the SWTOR beta. ;)

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

LOL. Nope. This is for D3 (obviously). Wish I could send out invites.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anyone else get an email today?!? :p

16. Biker

If anyone is dying for a beta invite, let me know and I'll see if I can scrounge one or two invites.

17. ethics

Well, duh... would love some beta love.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5 minutes in I notice.. that music.. THAT MUSIC!!!

Looks awesome.

19. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I've been in beta since back in November and still don't know of a way to invite anyone. It's simple luck of the draw at this point I think.

20. Biker

It's still a case of "you gotta know someone". I put the word in, we'll see if anything shakes loose.