1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo III Official Thread

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

What a read!

:clap:

"Once again, because of the Sloppy Hardcoding of D2 LOD (Mind, it was a rush job after the sky-rocketing sales of classic) whenever you kill diablo in hell with this ring in your ring slot the game crashes. I bet you all are thinking now, WOW what a waste of time! He made us read ALL of this to tell us that because of the incompetence of blizzard employees the game crashes if you wear some really rare ring and just HAPPEN to get a dol rune drop for you. This is wrong. As you will find out in just a sec there is something special about this error message. It returns the following value to your screen: 64 69 61 62 6c 6f 20 33 20 20 30 39 2f 30 39 2f 30 39.

At first glace 64 69 61 62 6c 6f 20 33 20 20 30 39 2f 30 39 2f 30 39 seems completly random, just some error code right? This is where you are wrong, deeply wrong.

64 69 61 62 6c 6f 20 33 20 20 30 39 2f 30 39 2f 30 39 is hex for : Diablo 3 09/09/09. Dont believe me? Google ANY Hex translator and try it yourself."

2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Ohh and if you turn 999 upside down you get 666. Coincidence? I think not.

3. Domh

Domh Full Member

Its a nice theory, though fruity in places. What I don't get is... I seriously doubt Blizzard could predict a D3 release date WAY back when LOD was made.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And there you have it. You answered your own question.

5. Domh

Domh Full Member

Well I didn't really ask a question, spunky... but yeah I would doubt Blizz would know such a thing back in the roaring 20s. :p

However... the date IS totally plausible... and would make for a great release date... and Blizz loves shit like 09/09/09...

However, many folks are saying D3 will absolutely be out after SC2 so, that kaiboshes it as well.

Who knows. I aint too smart and live in NH.

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Hey...no matter what I bet it comes out before Duke Nukem Forever! :lol:

7. ethics

Oh hell yah, they can shoot for that date.

8. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Only problem is that this isn't on any site to even order. I really don't think this is coming out this year.

Hell Halo 3 had a list date for almost 3 years before it came out. And yes I put stuff on preorder. Came in real handy when we got the XBOX360, got ours second wave and it was paid off.

9. ethics

Agreed, Els. I really don't see D3 this year. I see MAYBE for Christmas release.

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

But when we do see it, I look for it to rule the gaming market for quite some time.

11. Domh

Domh Full Member

I am just looking for something close to tide me over. Not easy to find, really. Suggestions most welcome.

12. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Um...Titan's Quest + Expansion? It is a pretty good game even if the company that made it is no longer with us.

13. ethics

Wow, he is ALIVE!

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Rare spawn!

15. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Aye. Finally got internet back on at home. :happy:

:haha::clap:

16. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

:thumbsup:

17. Domh

Domh Full Member

Frobro lives. Sweet.

I picked up a copy of Fable:The Lost Chapters for Mac. $25 bucks! There was only one seeded torrent of it to be found and it worked fine... except when you wanted to load a saved game and it would only start the chapter again. Doh.

18. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

This post got me wondering.

Has anyone seen any solid information recently about a release date for DIII?

19. ethics

Sometime next year. Which means probably end of 2011 or beginning of 2012. Don't hold your breath. I got tired of waiting for these games.

20. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Last thing I remember reading was that 2 games were coming out this year (Starcraft and the World of Warcraft expansion) and then one next year which should be Diablo III