1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo II Party

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Mar 31, 2007.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not sure how many of you have the game, so trying to see what the turnout would be. Will try to get a group going from ACT1 to whatever we can. Using Vent and all that jazz.

Let me know if you are interested.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Word.

3. ethics

Damn it. Installed it with the Expansion and keep getting this stupid error.

Patched it to 1.11b and still same. The CD IS there...

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You have more than 1 drive?

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Try this...

6. ethics

Thanks but what OS is he running?

Go to: Start->Settings->Control Panel System->Performance tab File System->Troubleshooting tab

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol: good question..

Couple things come to mind, in the spirit of what he was getting at, add D2 into where I show below in the pic?

Also, I seem to remember that D2 will always look for the CD in the lowest lettered CD drive if you have more than one.

Is your CD Rom at least lettered "D" or "E"?

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Other thing(s) I found..

Have autoplay turned on for the drive, and then insert CD to start the game from the install popup rather than from a shortcut.

Go into the device manager, IDE controler, secondary channel properties ( or primary if that's where you have it) and change, select OK, then back again and hit OK all the DMA properties for the drive and reboot with the disk in the drive.

EDIT> Here's a list of crap I found from Blizz to wade through also.

9. ethics

Yah I did all that.... I am on the laptop since I just said fuck it. Due to other problems on the PC I am re-installing the OS. Hopefully will have it running soon.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

/facepalm

Just for ha-has..
    and since you said earlier a bout boot problems, a lightbulb just went off.

How many drives you go in that thing? HDD and CD wise.

How are the drives configured in the PC?

Example.

Is your HDD Primary on IDE channel 1 and your CD Rom Primary on IDE channel 2?

I'm being forced nearly at gunpoint to go out to eat, so Ill be back in an hour or so.

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Brain fart.. I meant master/slave on channels 0 and 1

12. ethics

I THINK I know what it was... virtual drives I've had on (up to 4). But it's too late now, new OS install and everything is flying. Will install D2 and LOD shortly.

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok.. I'm back. Will be interesting to hear your report of boot time now with a fresh install. :D

No other takers for a night of D2, huh?

If you do really want to start fresh I can crank up a new toon, I only had my Barb going to get used to the game again, he's like 16 now and still stuck on first quest in Act II.

We can create a game online with a room name and password.

I can even pop my Barb in, dump a boatload of gold on the ground to help get some decent gear to start with if you like.. I usually run out if room to store gold anyways.

14. ethics

It's fantastic. Less than 30 seconds now.

I want to try the Assassin. Never had LoD and bought it today so want to try it out.

Don't matter. ALthough, if I recall correctly, you can't use that toon on bnet?

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Don't play on a closed realm (US EAST), play on open, that way you can use the same toon solo at home with no online later if you like.

I'm gearing myself toward running a frost sorc again.

Had lots of fun with one in the past so I guess that's how I'll roll this time :)

Lemme know when you're ready I can get one started and post up the info.

16. ethics

So if I play on Open US East, I can play the same toon on Bnet later right?
    I just want to make sure if I get a nice drop I can always sell it on Ebay! ;)

I am installing it now... Should be done in about 15 mins with LoD to go too. Pending I won't have similar problems.

I can be on Vent as well.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

US East is closed.

To play that you have to be connected online.

Not a big deal, I just can't dump a ton of gold down to start us off. :D

I'll go create one there now.

18. ethics

Okies, cool... Up to LoD install.

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I created a game on US East.

room name: Global

password: affairs

20. ethics