1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DHS Budget Request

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Hey, use fear to get money, works really well in this world.

[​IMG]

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Man, I sure wish I could ask for that much. Notice it's for discretionary funding, too. Which means they don't have to account for every single penny spent and where.

ethics likes this.
  3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Very important point.

4. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Probably to buy up ammo, specifically .223 since they couldn't actually ban it. :rolleyes:

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

Combining all these agencies into one DHS is one of the more stupid moves I have seen the US government make in my entire life. And that's among a list of incredibly stupid things the US government has done in the last 20-30 years. The more you pile things together the more difficult it becomes to account for it, and the more money is soaks up. That's just a plain fact of economics. ---- The only remedy, probably too late, is to break up DHS and disband it back into individual agencies.

And another thing, damned federal government! The Constitution states clearly that all powers not specifically given to the federal government are the domain of the states.

One of the biggest problems in the US today is this growing monster in Washington DC that is getting bigger every day and taking up more of our money and demanding more control over our lives.

I want the feds out of MY life except where absolutely necessary. I'd rather deal with the states. If you don't like one state at least you can move to another. Don't like the federal government? Only solution is to leave US.

Anybody who was alive and aware of what's happening beginning in the '60s-'70s has seen the US go to hell since then. Given this steady progression makes me glad I've lived most of my life in happier times, I'm comfortable in retirement, and I'm isolated enough that it's not likely to affect me much during my life expectancy.

After that.... I have no children. I feel sorry for the people who will have to live through the shit that is bound to be happening in the era after 2050. And that's a big IF there even is any US by then. Governments have lifetimes too and the US is getting rather old as a continuous entity. There is nothing that would indicate that the US will exist in 2050 or 2100, at least the US as we know it today.