1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Debate is Dead

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

That works for forums too. I've left several behind because the moderators seem to think it's their job to enforce some sort of agenda, including more than one forum where a specific moderator had his personal agenda. I actually got banned! The reason? That moderator wanted everybody to multi-quote and it was easier for me to make one reply per quote.

I've had forums of my own (e.g. soapmaking) and I posted a set of rules, about 10 of them, simple, easy to understand. I told the moderators that if it isn't on the official rules to leave the members alone. I would have fired a moderator if they hassled any member over something not in the rules. Fortunately it was a peaceful forum with virtually no drama. Eventually interest faded and I shut it down when activity was too low to bother with having a forum.

In reading the back posts here I've seen a fair amount of drama but little to nothing since my join date. I want to discuss the topics posted on this forum, I don't want to scrap with other members. I'm happy to say it's been a good experience here.

Allene likes this.