1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death of Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Allene, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

It will be around for many years to come.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

While it may be around, it's going to be increasingly difficult to get your hands on an authorized copy.

Newegg has had it on sale recently as cheap as 75 bucks. I think I'll avail myself of a copy or two the next time they have a sale.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Good idea. I have a copy of it that I got from Newegg or somewhere else at the time of my infamous crash nearly three years ago. I can load it onto my next machine and get rid of Windows 8. Maybe later on, they'll get the message and get rid of Windows 8.

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

Please post when you do so. I retch at the thought of windows 8. I've mostly learned to tame windows 7 although still not exactly like winxp or win2000.

I need a new desktop and if the choice is windows 8 or iOS whatever then the Apple guys will get my business. It appears to me that Microsoft wants to kill the PC industry by a steady course of improvements that users view as deprovements.

I'm ready to buy now. Best price I've seen is around 100.