1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear God... [London terrorist attack]

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Pyrion, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

2. deltat2000

deltat2000 Veteran Member

Correction: & 7 Confirmed explosions.
    Edgeware Rd, Russel Square,King's Cross, Tavistock Square,Moorgate,Liverpool Street, and Aldgate East.

Al Qaeda is claiming responsibility.

3. Pyrion

Yeah. It was six confirmed when I posted. I just haven't gotten around to updating this thread yet (I'm discussing this topic on several forums).

4. deltat2000

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=asoxIzNBZda0&refer=top_world_news

5. deltat2000

Can you get to the BBC website?

6. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

7. Pyrion

8. deltat2000

Actually if you read that it says:

1) Russell Square and Kings Cross underground
    2) Moorgate, Aldgate, and Liverpool Street underground
    3) Edgware Road underground
    4) Tavistock Square, where there has been a confirmed explosion on a bus.

That adds up to 7!

9. Advocat

Numbers one and two are subway lines and/or connectin platforms. Only one explosion took place on each line.

10. deltat2000

I am not going to argue with you...your mistaken...there has been 7 explosions.

11. Pyrion

All the news organizations are reporting seven explosions now. Not six, and not four.

12. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Haven't heard anyone claiming that Al Qaeda took responsibility (although it would certainly be plausible). Any confirmation on that ?

13. deltat2000

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8494941/
    Six attacks on tube stations, and one on a bus!

6+1=7

14. deltat2000

They have claimed responsibility on one of their websites...sorry I don't have the url at this moment.

15. Advocat

Scotland yard is presently confirming only four sites, for the following reasons:
    http://www.itv.com/news/index_13569.html
    A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We have had reports of explosions at six tube stations - at Russell Square, King's Cross, Moorgate, Aldgate, Liverpool Street and Edgware Road. Whether there were six separate explosions - or whether some explosions in tunnels were reported at more then one station - is not clear. We currently have operations at six different stations."

There's no sense wrangling over the number; it will become clear eventually. It's a terrible thing, no matter how many explosions took place.

16. Pyrion

Only that a European group linked to Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the attacks.

17. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

It's certainly Al Qaeda-"style" ...multiple coordinated attacks, timed for maximum casualties. Very reminiscent of Madrid.

Terrible news. Hope there aren't more deaths than the few already confirmed, but I'm sure there will be more reported as the response continues.

18. deltat2000

Blair just gave a statement from the G8 meeting, saying "they" will not allow this to stop the G8 meeting...he had all of them there, Bush on his right, Chirac on his left, and all the rest behind him...

Man he's got a set of balls!

19. deltat2000

The death count is staring to go into the hundreds.

20. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

ONE blast is enough, who cares how many there were at this point?
    Terrible news, terrible. Although it should not be unexpected it's still frightening when it happens. My very best to the people of the UK. They are experiencing what so many before them have.
    These f*cking dirtbags.