1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DayZ

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Jan 8, 2014.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

DayZ is a game that I probably won't play because of descriptions of it such as this: "Super hardcore zombie survival game. You start alone on an island with absolutely nothing, and have to sneak around and get food, weapons, supplies, etc. The zombies are FAST so you are better off not being detected.

It also borders on hyper-realism (a la Arma, a military simulator). And if you die, you're permanently dead and you start over. There are no factions, and you can either kill other survivors or team up with them (and then decide to kill them at any time)."

That helps explain what's going on this video, when a more experienced player encounters a noob and steals his can opener rather than kill him. He even has to tell him which function key to use to put his hands up. :)

Edit: moved this to MMORPG sub-forum, a better fit.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Holy mackerel! How do you guys sleep at night with all these zombie books and games?

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

When a gamer is in the thrall of a great game (as some of were with WoW for a few years), there is no sleep. :)

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I remember the WoW craze. Some people disappeared from circulation here. At first I thought they'd left, but actually they were in the gaming section.