1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daschle Pussied Out.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by HaYwIrE, Jan 8, 2003.

1. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Daschle Copped Out.

'Nuff sed. :_

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

No link? No summary?

Was his cat stuck in a tree and he didn't climb to get it? Was there a homosexual proposition to him and he didn't have the guts to accept? ;)

3. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

In a surprise reversal, Senate Democratic Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota said Tuesday he will not seek the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination. As recently as last weekend Daschle had hinted he would run. Ive concluded that at this moment in our history, with so many important decisions to be made about our nations future, my passion lies here in the Senate, he said in a written statement.

Now, it couldn't <b>really</b> be that he knows damned well he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell against Snoopy, much less Predident Bush, could it?

Now let's see... Who has he left to put up the fight?

<li> Dick Gephardt
    <li> Sen. John Kerry
    <li> Sen. John Edwards
    <li> Sen. Joe Lieberman
    <li> Al Sharpton

Uhhhh, yeah. Like they stand a better chance than Daschle did. :rolleyes:

4. Domh

Domh Full Member

You might want to keep an eye on Howard Dean, outgoing Governor of my home state, Vermont.

This guy single handedly ruined the state of Vermont - look into it.

He is the ultimate in two-faced, slick, ass kissing hypocritical...

(*sigh* i really dont want to do this, but its true...)

LIBERAL shithead politicians the world may ever see.

5. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Does anyone here think that the Democrats stand a chance at all in 2004?

6. Domh

Domh Full Member

Absolutely.

Look at the polls. If the junior Bush doesnt listen up and fix the economy and FAST, then we will have a race.

Im not sure he is getting the message. Too busy finishing what dad didnt.

If he can finish Iraq and fix the economy, or at least make some headway, in the next year - he is a shoe-in.

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

What Domh said. Bush Sr. was also riding a great wave of approval, and then the economy issue faltered.

People's attention span is now and what's in my pocket.

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I realize it may be expecting too much of the electorate but I would hope the loss of rights due to Patriot Act, etc., would have a big impact. It will definitley make me look long and hard at any opposition.

9. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Katie Walsh of Columbia perhaps has done IMHO the best analysis of the post election demise of the democrats, and in particular Daschle's debacle. http://www.ccchronicle.com/back/2002-12-02/opinions4.html

Out of the remainder on the short list, the only moderate in the bunch is Lieberman, and that is precisely why he won't get the nod. The dems, for better or worse (probably the latter) are still the party of Bill Clinton. As such, look to John Edwards to get the nod.

After the November losses, the dems were decrying that they had a good message, they just didn't get it out...oh, I think they got their message out, it just didn't have much value at the polls. The party of Clinton, rather than learn from their mistakes, simply wants to ratchet up its rhetoric and stay out on the fringe left. What's going to be the excuse this time?

10. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

OK, we can say he pussied out. OR, we can say that he assessed the situation, and realized that he is better off in the position he is in. I truly believe that for right now, we need strong folks in the Senate that can run things in the trenches, so to speak. I have met Daschle, he's a good man. His politics are centered on what is right for the people, not for what is right just for him. For what it is worth, I agree with ethics, and others who say that Bushy has 1 year to proove himself, otherwise, he's gone. That, is regardless of who runs against him. BTW I believe Daschle would have run a very good Presidential race. AND BTW x2: I agree with DOMH that Dean is way too liberal for even me. Although, given a choice, as we still have in America, I would take him over Bushy.

11. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I would have voted for Daschle. I'm not happy with Bush, and I'm pissed that Jeb took Florida - AGAIN - and I strongly suspect that his big brother had something to do with it.

12. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Actually, that's very true. President Bush campaigned heavily in Florida for his brother at critical times and that probably put it over the top. Florida was pivotal for both parties in the last election. The democrats desperately wanted to right what they feel to be the wrong done them by the courts in the last election and the President really didn't want the message getting out that he was being vicariously dis'd through his brother.