1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas Shooting of the Cops

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Sep 9, 2016.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

This was very moving. It is an absolute disgrace what has been going on in this country. This is what happens when the flames of racism are constantly fanned by people in this country who are supposed to be our leaders and who should know better. I am not saying all cops are good guys, but most of them are. It must take every bit of courage they have just to leave for work in the morning in such a hate-filled climate. I used to complain about the elephant in the living room, but we are so far past that stage now that it is frightening.

ethics likes this.
  3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I can't even describe what it's been like on the ground. We cannot do our jobs without people wanting to fight us. WANTING it. Constantly. People have no idea how bad it has become.

I hammered a reporter a little bit back, who said "cops really aren't that bad off, it's a fairly safe profession, many more were killed in the 60's". I told him his data is wrong, that we are assaulted more than ever. He pulled up stats on police deaths, and I told him sure, how much was body armor used then(not at all)? How much has medical science advanced (a great deal) that is saving police officers? How many more assaults are police getting now than then? He couldn't answer. I told him that is his job to answer, not just take some single number and extrapolate police and public policy. I told him I was living these constant assaults. He tried to throw it on me that police were part of the problem and need to learn to use other methods, blah blah blah...

I then told him that there were 900,000 cops in the US. If he wanted a reason to hate us, that as long as cops are hiring human beings, there would be one cop or another every couple of months that would give him a reason. Somewhere, someone is going to mess up, and congrats. He wins. Cops are bad, and nobody will want to do the job, and congrats, winner winner chicken dinner.

The reality is that police have been political pawns used by national politicians as scapegoats for public misery. Cops are NOT the reason people are unhappy in America. We are just who is being blamed, and blame feels good to those who don't want to face their issues.

Our country is irrevocably divided at this point. I believe we are devolving and will eventually erupt into civil war.

Allene, ethics, ShinyTop and 2 others like this.
  4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Good for you, Copz!