1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[D3] Wizard Question

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by SixofNine, May 27, 2012.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I was going to create a monk or a demon hunter first, but my 9-year-old was there when I fired up D3 for the first time and insisted on a wizard. He's grown on me -- level 15 and I made it to the desert after one-shotting The Butcher.

What should a wizard at that level do for off-hand? I'm just not feeling the "wizardy" off-hands that add a couple of modest stats.

I realize that I'm supposed to be a kiting fool, and I do quite a bit of that with all of the AoE and crowd control skills that I have, but that goddamn Templar is a WoW pet permanently set to aggressive, and I'm frequently finding myself in the middle of double-digit crowds and I'm going to get hit.

I find myself going back to the 99 armor shield with chance to block and find magical items,
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Biggest complaint on the wiz is the off-hand. Best you can do is -- in the priority order.

Whatever else available
  3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

if you are on Act II you should start getting better off hands. My main is a wizard (Kayln) and I have a book for an off hand.

If you see Alvin on D3, that is Braz. We are sharing until I get him a copy of D3 :)