1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[D3] Wizard Question

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by SixofNine, May 27, 2012.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I was going to create a monk or a demon hunter first, but my 9-year-old was there when I fired up D3 for the first time and insisted on a wizard. He's grown on me -- level 15 and I made it to the desert after one-shotting The Butcher.

What should a wizard at that level do for off-hand? I'm just not feeling the "wizardy" off-hands that add a couple of modest stats.

I realize that I'm supposed to be a kiting fool, and I do quite a bit of that with all of the AoE and crowd control skills that I have, but that goddamn Templar is a WoW pet permanently set to aggressive, and I'm frequently finding myself in the middle of double-digit crowds and I'm going to get hit.

I find myself going back to the 99 armor shield with chance to block and find magical items,

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Biggest complaint on the wiz is the off-hand. Best you can do is -- in the priority order.

DMG
    Int
    Vit
    Whatever else available

3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

if you are on Act II you should start getting better off hands. My main is a wizard (Kayln) and I have a book for an off hand.

If you see Alvin on D3, that is Braz. We are sharing until I get him a copy of D3 :)