1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS Players Unite!

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Nov 20, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Bought the game and played it exactly once. Hated it with a passion, not just disliked it.

With all that rocket jet jumping...

2. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Eh, it adds a third dimension to the game.

3. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

so what's going on with this? are we going to have a little friendly match? :)

4. ethics

I'll try to get on tonight t base2 (is it?). About 8PM EST.

5. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

I hope I don't offend anyone by asking this, but would I be able to play with the warez release of it? Or do you need a registration key or an update patch that would render the warez version useless online?

6. ethics

Not sure, Rred. It all goes by WonId. I believe if someone has the same WonId, the server won't let you on? That's how it was on base1 but not sure how it is on this new server.

Besides, it won't hurt to try.

7. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Dammit, start having these after I get home from work.

Haven't played since I got banned (temporarily) from Base1. I sucked then. I tremble to think how bad I must be now. I still think it'd be fun.

8. ethics

Base 2 was totally empty, and I mean totally.

Name a date and time and we shall try again.

9. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Any time after 6 Pacific, I can probably make. Just call it the night before, as I can't check this site from work.

10. Scott

how's tuesday night sound(11/26)? i can be on around 8PM EST

11. ethics

I'll be there, Scott. Base 2. Everyone know how to connect to that server, right?

12. Scott

i have a shortcut to it on my desktop :)

i don't know if i can post the IP here, but if anyone needs it feel free to IM me :)

13. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Can anyone get on base2? Thought it was by invite only?

14. ethics

Nope. And I heard it will be AWP free soon.

15. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I'm willing to get my ass kicked if someone would be kind enough to PM the IP addy.

And yes...AWP's suck !!!

16. Scott

well, it's 7:36 and i'm heading over to the BBR base2 server. hope to see a few of you there!!!! :).

(i'll be on as "Scott From NJ"

17. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

*sigh*

Been so long since I played all my shortcuts with the command line options are deleted (likely my children).

Could not get voice enabled, mapping of keyboard was totally hosed and actually have forgotten alot of the functions.

I'm gonna have to talk to my buddy to re-create all my icons and get my config file to execute.

I had to start half-life...then counterstrike ...and seems I lose all my bind commands and such cause the config isn't exectuting it appears.

Better luck next time I guess :(

Will get this all straightened out and be ready for the next go round.

I appear as Drone Sniper but will change my name to match my member name here.

Sorry Guys,

Mid

18. Scott

just got back from base2. it was a pleasure getting my ass kicked by ethics LOL. we were on the server for a few minutes, and then a bunch of people logged on. it was great. great people to play with (except one idiot who got harassed a little till he left :)).

we must do this again sometime soon :).

19. ethics

I didn't own you man, you owned me!!! ;)

Yes, it was very wonderfully weird what transpired.

As you know, Mid, there was a lot of controversy regarding the AWP on BBR clan server. Base 2 no one used, and I mean no one, it's always empty. Scott and I go on, and we were playing around with one map, and we would get one or two people and then they would leave.

Then something wonderful happened. We had a massive flood of not just regular BASE1 players but really good players with good personalities. Heihachi, Nodeg, Slacker's Mom (Not to be confused with Stifler's mom), and a bunch of others. It was fantastic and most fun I had in CS in a while.

Let's make sure you are all set before we do this again, which I hope is SOON! :)

If you need any help with anything I am sure between Scott and myself, we can get you going.

20. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

OK, I am definately up for the next CS session. I had to take some time off because of events, but now that I am back I am pubbing to get back my aim and scrimming to get back my teamplay and tactics constantly. I'd love to play with some of you guys.

Btw, I am part of a community for mature gamers (no age limit, just a general sense of maturity required.) Feel free to check us out at http://www.forumthon.com . Also you can visit our pub at 146.20.81.130:27015 Just to let you know the skill level of our pub varies widely. Sometimes we have players who barely know which end of the gun to point, and other times we have people from top cal-im and cal-m clans.

Hope to see some of you on the battlefield.

#asob | Poet