1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS Players Unite!

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Nov 20, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Oh Jeez. You know, I got in to a fight with an admin because of you right? It was actually the road that lead me to quit the clan.

It was the time where you were being stealthy and got slapped for not being quick enough. I was like, "What the hell did you do THAT for?" to a fellow admin...

Ah, memories. :)

Welcome man. :)
  2. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

oh shit man. i'm sorry about that. the thing is, i probably got killed and lost the round anyway:(
  3. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Me thinks there just may be enough CS'ers around these parts to have a little fun.

Although I permanently suck at the game I'm willing to die for the cause...over and over again :)
  4. ethics

You did! The slapping killed your concentration and pissed me off even more.

No need to apologies, I was better off after anyway. :)
  5. ethics

We'd need a server! ;)
  6. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

and your point? ;)
  7. Scott

we can take over BBR base2. no one ever goes on there :). LOL
  8. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

no, not CS... CS is for.... well damnit I don't have CS - make it another game, like UT2K3 :)
  9. ethics

Actually, a good point. It's almost always empty. I can also invite Haywood and Holik, probably the most fun guys you can play with.

Oh, and bring a mic! ;)

When do you want to designate a day/night/time?
  10. ethics

But but... you don't have UT2003? Microbrewer would know more about the best servers to play for that though. BBR's is full most of the time, at least it was when I left the site.
  11. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

As long as everyone is cleary aware that I SUCK then I have no problem...any night is good for me.

I have watched some of the BBR pros from afar but seems my learning curve has become a steep cliff :(

Would prefer a late night game but am open to any schedule.

Maybe it's time for the ole thread split and see what kind of response we get?
  12. Scott

got my new headset, and tomorrow looks good for me, if everyone else is up for it :).

and midranger------don't worry. i suck too.
  13. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

You would LOVE Counterstrike I'm sure !!!

Please consider ok?
  14. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I just got UT2K3 this weekend :)

I also have the older UT. Is CS a mod for UT? I used to play Strike Force, for UT (another mod, not as popular though, but it used to be pretty big). I had started my own clan for that, along with my hubby and brother in law. I'm a retired member of the HH Clan - The Head Hunters (I thought up that name, yay)
  15. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

CS is a mod for Half Life but can be purchased in a retail version as well.

Really Misu...YOU WOULD LOVE IT :)
  16. Scott

it's a mod for Half-Life. you can find it cheap now. i got it for a friend for $9 a few months back.
  17. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Half Life? I think I have Half Life somewhere - must dig up in storage.
  18. ethics

Let me tell you a story of when DSLR clan was established, back when people who were in the clan were actually mature and fun to play with.

We get on the server for a match vs. regulars. Now, I never played, Zhen Xhell was paul back then and we had no leadership except this veteran player named Cuda468 (I believe).

Match starts, we get slaughtered BAD the first round. The other kids are laughing their asses off...

"THIS is a clan! LMAO!"

"OMG, It's a clan of NUBES!"

"How long you guys been playing, an hour total? What dweebs"

This repeats, the heckling gets worse, and in one instant we ALMOST win a round. Cuda is trying to tell us what to do but we are too nervous and probably clutching our mice a bit too hard, some, I am sure were sweating all over their chairs and their pads. At the beginning of maybe 5th round, we see this message on top:

"Cuda468 has left"

Two people quit the clan out of embarrasment after that. But we got better, and we ignored the idiots, and we still got better. We had this one team at a time that could have gone far in Cal, but personality conflicts emerged and this is when I left the whole deal. Some people wanted to remain casual players while others wanted to get more hard-core.

Moral of the story?

Rome was not built in a day. :)
  19. ethics

I play on this one server (5star) which has pretty cool people and a regular girl(Lauren) who always says hi to me. There's quite a few women who play CS.
  20. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

I'm going to go out on a limb here by informing you all that there has been yet another patch for Tribes 2. That's where you'll find me. :)