1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coverup in California

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by EMIG, Jan 22, 2003.

1. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Oracle grand jury session canceled:

Offering no explanation for the move, Attorney General Bill Lockyer on Tuesday abruptly canceled a grand jury session exploring obstruction of justice allegations against the Davis administration in the Oracle Corp. software contract...

The $95 million deal to license all state employees to use Oracle's database software came under intense scrutiny after the state auditor criticized it as an unnecessary and costly purchase negotiated by top state officials ill-equipped for the task.

Gov. Gray Davis fired four top appointees as details of the transaction became public -- including the transfer of a $25,000 campaign contribution from Oracle's lobbyist to a top Davis computer adviser just days after the contract was signed in May 2001...

Read all about it.

2. mikeky

mikeky Member

I had wondered how this would all work out. Maybe they think the farther away from the event they get the less consequence.

3. IamZed

IamZed ...

I guess the Governors next check cleared the bank.

4. Ugly

Ugly Fish is Brain Food

A corrolary to the other thread about CA, Where did all the money & electricity go?

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Probably, Zed.

This is sickening... (

6. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I have a friend who has had personal experience with dealing with our Gov. Moonbeam Lite, and let's just say his reputation for shady $$$ is somewhat of an understatement. This doesn't surprise me at all.

7. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Joe Davis is as sleazy and as slippery as they come. I wonder who yanked Lockyer's chain and pulled him up short? Usually in Sacramento, if there's blood in the water, they're all ready to feed. Here's some more of Davis' dirty dealing. Read the prison guard crappola.