1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could this be it?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by midranger4, Jan 28, 2003.

1. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

2. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Well, if we can do it, we should. I do not think it will be as dramatic as the Cuban Missile Crisis but if it is that will change minds quick enough. Stevenson caught the Russian Ambassador Valerian Zorin flatfooted when he said "I am prepared to wait until hell freezes over for my answer. " and then produced the photos that showed Soviet duplicity.

3. IamZed

IamZed ...

I would like to see something. Lately the rhetoric has become offensive to me. Yesterday I was confused by NPR when they reported that although the UN had been granted all the access they desired they felt they had not been given adequate substance. What the fuck does that mean? They are upset that they have not found what they seek and upset that the Iraqis wont show them the hidden weapons? This lack of substance was quoted as non cooperation.
    I read Catch 22. I know this trick. It is cheep. If Sadam refuses to show us his hidden weapons he is guilty of hiding hidden weapons. If he shows us his hidden weapons he is guilty of having weapons. How would you react were you he?

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Consider the source, Zed. NPR?

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

NPR? Non-Patriotic Radio? The selfsame folks who blacklisted a guy who espoused not trusting Islamic extremists? :)

SM

6. nitewriter

nitewriter To Perceive Is To Suffer

Well Mr. Powell is suppose to meet with the UN Feb 5th ,and disclose some of the evidence that the U.S states they have. I for one can't wait to see what it is.
    All I can say is , it better be good hard evidence.

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yah. If you gonna wait this long, it BETTER be good.

8. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

We have had the proof all along and not releasing it till the right time will save US lives. The day Iraq issued that 1200 pages of nothing disclosure, bone head Saddam stamped his own expiration date.

It's not if, it's when.