1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Biker, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Not sure if you all have kept up with this, but the press is having a literal meltdown over the bill.

H.R.38 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

You'd think that the sky was falling and that Congress had opened the gates to hell allowing anyone and everyone to carry a weapon everywhere.

Obviously, they're all so rabidly against gun ownership, that they haven't stopped to look and see that one has to be licensed to begin with in order to carry legally in another state. If I'm travelling through several states with a handgun, I should not be subject to arrest just because one state doesn't recognize a permit issued in another. Especially if all I'm doing is "passing through" and my firearm is stored properly.

Yet the press would have everyone believe that Dodge City is just around the corner and everyone and their brother will be carrying a firearm.

Phooey. Whatever happened to reporting facts? Oh wait................ my bad.
    Allene likes this.
  2. Arc

Arc Full Member

Personally, I would generally speaking support more liberal legal choices for an expanded availability for certain peoples to carry a handgun, either concealed or open. The latter tactical scenario is far more dangerous than the former. A fact lost on most. But alas, more liberal gun policies nationwide including expanding reciprocity is, for now, a fantasy.