1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comrad de Blasio not getting any love from the popo

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Why NYC police don't want mayor at police funerals - CSMonitor.com

The Patrolmen's Benevolent Association posted a link on its website telling members not to let Mayor de Blasio and City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito "insult their sacrifice" should they be killed in the line of duty. The waiver states:

I, as a New York City police officer, request that Mayor Bill de Blasio and City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito refrain from attending my funeral services in the event that I am killed in the line of duty. Due to Mayor de Blasio and Speaker Mark-Viverito’s consistent refusal to show police officers the support and respect they deserve, I believe that their attendance at the funeral of a fallen New York City police officer is an insult to that officer’s memory and sacrifice.”

Wow, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement from the Law Enforcement sector of your city. De Blasio responded by calling it incendiary rhetoric that doesn't represent the majority of law enforcement, but I'd wager the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association knows better what represents the rank and file than he does.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Talk about a vote of no confidence..

3. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I don't know anyone who voted for deBlasio. Even my grandmother when I asked her if she's voting for deBlasio gave me a look like "hell, no." Even my uber liberal relatives didn't vote for him. He is basically dividing NYC and I won't be surprised if people start moving out of the city based on his policies.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

No kidding, right? I heard this today and I was like, "Gee, and I thought the NYPD had problems with BRATTON (aka Commissioner CompStat) coming back..."

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

It's the beginning of the end for this Mayor who never even HAD the city, already LOST the city. He also made good on the contracts with all BUT the PBA, as if to be political about. Well, eat your shit you've created by being in bed with the Freddie Fashion riot killer.