1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer names

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by mrRT, Dec 23, 2002.

1. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Just curious what names you assign to your computers. I saw HERE that Techie calls his Bluebird.

All my machines have womens names. Currently we have Eleanor, Stephanie, and Lauren. :love:

It always cracks my clients up when they check the names I have assigned to their machines. Last week we sent out Joan and Katherine..hehehehehhehe. The 2 that I'm building now will be named Louise and Monique.
    :_

2. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

I have:

Monkey
    MonkeyButt
    Monkeyhead
    Monkeyfoot
    Monkeyface
    Monkeytail

These are the names of the computers I have built.

wapu

3. dmdvt

dmdvt Guest

<small>It would not make any sense to name my computer since I upgrade it regularly.
    This is the longest I have gone without an upgrade. The next thing on the list is my hard drive. 46 gig is not enough when there is a child putting games on my computer. The biggest one on here is Command and Conquer Renegade and that takes up a gig and a half. Diablo II got reinstalled the other day.

Christmas is coming so we will see what that brings. We try to keep hard drives 1/2 full to get maximum performance.</small>

Hence, there is no emotional attachment.

:cool: <small>How did that get in there?</small>

4. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I have to admit I name all the computers I use.
    Unfortunately, I cannot write the names here.
    If I did, I would have to move my post out of this forum.
    Thank you for understanding.

5. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Um like, I don't name my computer. I'm into computers...but not that into them ;) LOL

I do name my C: drive. It's name is "LOAD". Can anyone guess what influence made me think of that one?? ;) LOL

6. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

I have Entropy, Galileo, and D.H.C.

7. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Thank goodness I can say I have not named my computer. Between that and never having installed LINUX there are two Geek things I am not.

8. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

"The Infernal Machine" and "That Other One" are what hang
    around here... maybe someday they'll redeem themselves...

9. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

<i>Lucifer II</i>, in memory of my first computer, <i>Lucifer</i>, which was frequently used to nuke chatters and play other little "games" during my old IRC chat days.

Lucifer... Hmmmm... Fitting some would say. No? :_

10. Ugly

Ugly Fish is Brain Food

Nautilus

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Plato, Socrates, Epictetus, etc... :)

12. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

All of my machines have old Army callsigns.

SM