1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command and Control

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ShinyTop, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

The book details an accidental explosion of an nuclear armed Titan missile. Wrapped around those details is the history of nuclear weapon deployment and safety in the US. It is a wonder we are still alive. I read it in the Kindle edition.

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

I had arrived on my first ship 4 days prior to the explosion. I remember it vaguely, and of reading about that in other research some years back.

Yes, between false alarms and accidents like this one, I am very surprised we haven't had at least a "minor" nuclear exchange.

Today is even worse. Any physics grad student can make a two stage thermonuclear weapon, provided they have access to things like enough weapons grade Plutonium, Tritum and Krytron triggers. With the porousness of our borders, someone could easily bring such a weapon in clandestinely and use it when and where they want to. Such an event could easily trigger reflexive launches.

3. Greg

Greg Full Member