1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado Marijuana - never hurt anyone?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Lots of problems Colorado is having from their legalization of marijuana, to include bad weed and all sorts of crap like that.

One of the arguments about weed is that it doesn't make anyone violent... But... Yes, it can.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/nation...ded-in-shooting-death-of-mother-kristine-kirk

On the 911 recording, 47-year-old Richard Kirk can be heard in the background talking about consuming marijuana-infused "candy," court documents say.

Denver Police believe Richard Kirk ate "Karma Kandy Orange Ginger," a marijuana-infused candy, which he purchased just hours before the killing, court records state. While searching the home, a detective found a receipt in the basement for $32.70 worth of marijuana products purchased at 6:40 p.m. that evening from Nutritional Elements, a marijuana shop, at 2777 S. Colorado Blvd.

Richard Kirk now faces one count of first-degree murder in his wife's death.

I am not a big fan of this legalization push. I can understand decriminalization, but outright legalization is not good for us, for our society, IMO.

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I've been complaining about it for months. I'm a mile and a half from another state that legalized recreational marijuana. They now have pot shops set up 25 miles from here in the heart of a university town. This was another action that wasn't very well thought out by the various levels of government before it was made a law. For sure, it'll result in even more stoned college kids on both sides of the state line. Even though it isn't legal on my side of the line, I'm sure the kids here will find a way to get involved. There's only about 9 miles separating the two campuses. I'm just waiting for the pot + alcohol + vehicle scenario.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

According to a recently published study in the New England Journal of Medicine marijuana can permanently impair or lower your brain's performance.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-study-links-marijuana-use-to-adverse-effects

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

There's a reason why it's called Dope. :lolaway-5: