1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate change argument not working

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Biker, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

So the social change artists change gears and really ramp up the rhetoric with claims of total collapse of civilization.

Geeee. We start getting more and more evidence that the doom and gloom being preached by the climate change fanatics isn't all that. So now there's a change of tactics to see if they can scare JQ Public with something new. This smacks of desperation by those who want to see a new social order in the world.

Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Kerry announced recently that climate change is the number one diplomatic priority. I wonder how far the pendulum has to swing left in this country before it heads back to at least the center? I am unable to figure out why climate change is on the job description of a United States Secretary of State, let alone the most important task!

4. Biker

http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/threads/climate-change-who-really-benefits.68490 :whistle:

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, I remember that great thread. I posted to it last year. It's all about ideology and agendas. I think Kerry is just trying to get out of his real responsibility.

6. Greg

Greg Full Member

Climate change is a religion.

7. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Now it isn't even being referred to as "climate change"... it is now "climate science"...

From http://websites.psychology.uwa.edu.au/labs/cogscience/Publications/LskyetalRecursiveFury4UWA.pdf
    From "global warming" to "climate change" to "climate science"...

The wordsmithing continues...

(Emphasis added)

8. ethics

I am stealing that.

9. Allene

Allene Registered User

The whole thing is a joke!

10. Arc

Arc Full Member

There are a handful of talking heads or other people in the public eye that I pay attention to when they speak or write on a subject, even in cases where I disagree. Charles Krauthammer is one such person.

You all ways get fair minded even-handed explanation or opinion from him. Even if I totally disagree with his conclusion on a subject I all ways find it has merit and good information.

Short summary video:

»www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02···thammer/

In this case I agree. I too am neither a global warming believer nor a global warming denier.

The science is without a doubt not settled! Regardless of what one believes about the climate.

11. ethics

In this case I agree. I too am neither a global warming believer nor a global warming denier.

Same, btw, that was a hell of a piece by him.

12. Allene

Allene Registered User

I like and respect Krauthammer.

13. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Better than that is what immediately follows. I swear, he stole it from me. I wonder if he's following me around... lol

I’ve long believed that it cannot be good for humanity to be spewing tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. I also believe that those scientists who pretend to know exactly what this will cause in 20, 30 or 50 years are white-coated propagandists.

I think a good place for us to be as a people, as a nation, is to do what we can to improve environmental issues WITHOUT resorting to wild-eyed predictions and nonsensical, big government solutions. I, like all real rural people, who are largely conservative, believe that preserving our resources is a very important endeavor. We do not, however, believe that big government inner-city liberals have much of a solution on anything environmental or conservationist. The Chicken Little routine is dead.

ethics likes this.
  14. Biker

However, this isn't about climate change. It's not about conservation of resources. It's all about the liberal's failure to affect social change. THAT'S what it's all about.

15. Greg

Greg Full Member

Global warming is a religion.