1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civil liberties: American freedom on the line

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Allene, Jun 7, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Oh people care... When a Republican is in the White House.

2. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

My liberal democrat friends are just as fed up, but nobody really thinks this will stop. The biggest thing that surprises me is that knowledge of this was not more widespread until now. Project ECHELON started in the 1940s. There were also projects SHAMROCK and CARNIVORE more recently. Also, the huge data centers being built in Utah and elsewhere.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Your approach now is, "yeah well, it sucks but whatever, it was done before, and we can't do anything about it".

I need to look at your posts during Bush' presidency but I bet your attitude was completely different.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

News is all over CNN this morning with Google and MIcrosoft doing a whole lot of back peddling on this issue and now claim they "couldn't" tell you.

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Don't worry, our privacy is Microsoft's priority! :rolf-53:

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

7. Biker

That's not surprising in the least, especially after his vendetta against Fox went public.

8. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

9. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

How well do you trust that statistic? I feel a (mis)information campaign coming on. It has already started with them saying that it is only the metadata and not the actual conversations.

10. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I am distrusting EVERYTHING, except what I can see with my own eyes.

I am starting to have something to say about this, but it is actually coming on in the form of a fiction book, with a lot of truth and fact thrown in. I'll let you know how it goes...

11. Biker

12. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

y'all have misunderstood His Most High

Attached Files:

13. Biker

Unfreakingreal.

Obama Expands Surveillance Powers on His Way Out

This is a good thing, right? Agencies have been crying about data sharing and cooperation for years now. But wait! It gets better!

The founding fathers must be staring in horror at what has become of their beloved Republic.