1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome and IE

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Jammed up again Sunday morning but is ok at the moment.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

At this point, I'm fresh out of ideas. It makes no sense at all that it would work fine one moment, and just stop working the next, and affect the entire machine in the process. The Chrome devs are aware of the issue. Let's see if they manage to figure out what's causing the behavior.

3. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Sure. A jam up only means waiting an hour and reopening either Chrome or Opera. Not a life or death matter, just annoying.

4. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Hmmm, seems to be also Version 4

6. Biker

Not sure what would cause that under the hood, though. There's nothing under the hood that should just cause Chrome or IE to just stop working. There has to be a certain combination of things that's causing it, vB4 being just one step in that chain.

7. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I saw that there was some recent activity over in the Chromium forum about this issue. For whatever it's worth, I still have this problem at home and at work.

8. Biker

Yep. Got the email earlier today.

I suspect it's going to be a synflood issue and how Chrome interacts with not only the server, but your own internal network.

9. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I decided to give 'er another go today. Chrome and GA seem to be working fine together from the office here.

10. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Beware of the ambush! For me, it continues to look good for a few hours and then the glue sets hard and it's back to where it was, all jammed up.

11. Biker

From what I've been reading, they're still having issues in getting this one resolved. At this point, I'd highly recommend using a different browser when visiting GA until they get it resolved.

12. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I've been using Opera but tried Chrome again last night after not having tried it for a week or so.

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

14. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I use Opera for GA but despise it for anything else.

I use Chrome for most everything but it doesn't work for GA and one function on another site, Opera doesn't perform that function either.

IE... works everywhere, when the others fail I fall back to it.

I love technology.

15. Biker

I'm hoping the next release of the forum software (should be the end of this month) fixes a lot of the browser bugs. Chrome? I think that's still a Google issue and hopefully they fixed it with the new beta. I do know there are IE and Opera issues slated for bug fixes in vBulletin.

16. Biker

Received this last night via email.

50??!!!!! No friggin' wonder the damned thing was causing issues! That's inexcusable. Surprised more individuals weren't having issues.