1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China's economy is growing, but ...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Swamp Fox, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

A recent Business Week article talks about the emergence of the Greater China, involving Taiwan and Hong Kong.

And this IHT article says that China is flexing its economic muscle vis a vis Japan. Now, I know that China will continue to develop, and that it will surpass Japan. But, just as Japan has not taken over the world, neither will China, and not just because of its aging population.

In my law practise, I've seen many examples of the poor business practises of investors and businesspeople from the mainland, and, to be blunt, they are pretty sloppy, which is why they often go to see a lawyer, when litigation results. And, if it's so obvious now, then, that same low standard must be true back there. So, just as the Japan is now in economic trouble due to its structural problems, so too will China get into trouble.

http://www.iht.com/articles/79462.htm

By the way, what has the article's headline to do with the rest of the story?