1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chevy is bringing back the Blazer

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Biker, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So the Blazer looks just like my Escape.

I'm all over that Ranger once it hits the pavement.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I'm digging the hell out of that Bronco. And by the time it hits, I should be able to afford one. :D

4. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

The new Blazer looks like every other mid size SUV crossover on the market.

The Ranger does look good, and I'm sure it's Ford's response to GM's success with the Colorado (and the GMC Canyon variant).

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not feeling any of these. Give me a F150 or Copz cool Ram 1500.

Aside from the money, my all time favorite practical car is a BMW X3.

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I’d take the Porsche Mecan over the X3. :)

7. ethics

A Porsche needs to stay a sports car. Nothing more than that. Mecan is a monstrosity.

8. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

That's not a Blazer!! That's every Euro/Asian/American rounded corner, touchy-feely, soft look wannabe SUV with a Chevrolet emblem!

I had a 1973 K5 Blazer and it was square, bulky, tough, and was a real off road vehicle. Lift kit, jumbo Monster Mudders, winch, snap straps, tow hooks. It didn't say "Oh! Take me to the grocery on the boulevard"! It said "Hey! There's a mud hole, some big rocks, and a small path between those trees. Let's Go!"!

BDD

ethics and Allene like this.
  9. Arc

Arc Full Member

Until your post, I had not heard of the Mecan. I looked it up. Ugh. They should stick to 911 models. True, not a huge market demand in terms of units sought and hence limited cash flow...nevertheless the 911 is in my mind the only Porsche.

Addendum: To my dear fellow Americans, it is pronounced Porscha or Parscha, not Porsch. The last is an "I am an American" dead give away.

ethics and Allene like this.
  10. Allene

Allene Registered User

I not only pronounce Porsche incorrectly, I also cannot tell the difference between it and a BMW. Seriously!

ethics likes this.
  11. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

And Jaguars are pronounced Jag-U-are.

I had a Porsche 914 back when I was young, dumb and ugly. Fun, and so-many stories...

12. ethics

It's easy. If the car is driven by an asshole, it's a BMW.

Allene likes this.
  13. Arc

Arc Full Member

The Porsche 914!

The idea and concept came up to build the car and it was a joint venture of Volkswagen and Porsche. Originally it was to be labeled and marketed as VW.

Sanity prevailed as it realized that the cost to build would be the same but it could be sold at a much higher price if called a Porsche. And you could charge a lot more for replacement parts if it was a Porsche. So they called it a Porsche. Smart owners bought many replacement parts for their Porsche 914 from VW. It was the exact same part but significantly cheaper.

True story.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Allene likes this.
  14. ethics

914 ruined Porche label for at least a decade. What a clusterfuck.

WOOOPS... meant 924. 914 was cool.

928 was my favorite back then.

15. Allene

Allene Registered User

So I went around in second-hand VW Beetles for a decade without knowing I was driving the equivalent of a Porsche? What a racket!

ethics likes this.