1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check your privilege

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Copzilla, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

A Princeton freshman getting his first dose of institutionalized liberal ideology and indoctrination of white guilt bulldozes all...

There is a phrase that floats around college campuses, Princeton being no exception, that threatens to strike down opinions without regard for their merits, but rather solely on the basis of the person that voiced them. “Check your privilege,” the saying goes, and I have been reprimanded by it several times this year. The phrase, handed down by my moral superiors, descends recklessly, like an Obama-sanctioned drone, and aims laser-like at my pinkish-peach complexion, my maleness, and the nerve I displayed in offering an opinion rooted in a personal Weltanschauung. “Check your privilege,” they tell me in a command that teeters between an imposition to actually explore how I got where I am, and a reminder that I ought to feel personally apologetic because white males seem to pull most of the strings in the world.

Read on...

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/17230/

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

That was wonderful and long overdue. I especially appreciated this:
    The racist stuff is getting really old!

3. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Awesome. Shared that one.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

That was fantastic. As always, though, several flat-headed Neanderthals ran amok in the comments section and further demonstrated their inability to both read text and interpret less-than-subtle nuance. I guess that's diversity of opinion in action, or something.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I don't think you folks get it. There's a benefit (in this country) of being a victim (via minority). If you do this, you are taking their cash cows and PRIVILEGES away!

6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

We totally get it. We grew up here.

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Just making sure that you know that will hardly dent anything.

8. Allene

Allene Registered User