1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed a few things

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Oct 28, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Outside of a new style which domhain is working on new banners (THANKS DOMHAIN!!!:)) I made a few changes on the forum. By the way, the new style is named "default" and is currently WIP- work in progress.

1. The edit vbcode buttons have been changed. Unfortunately, they do not work with Opera as of yet and I am not sure about Mozilla. They do work with IE, however. As soon as I have a fix for Opera, et al, I will apply it.

2. Genders were added. I have to fix it for Greyscale style but by tonight, that should be working for everyone.

3. I changed the quote style. Whereas before it was nice and neat, the font was way too small. Let me know how you like the new (or old) quoting style. I may shift it a little.

4. I am very close to getting the PM to quote the posts URL address.

5. Stars system will be a huge build for this forum. I have something in mind which is just more than a thumbs up or down. Perhaps even implement a currency system where people earn pennies for different things (and lose them for inflammatory posts and/or thumbs down, etc...) and when they accumulate enough money there will be options for them to "buy" free subscriptions, books, etc... :)

Not sure how long this will take me but will probably start sometime this week.
  2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Ethics, being currently unemployed I feel compelled to ask if we can exchange the prized for cash? :)

The right answer could require my first use of the dancing banana!
  3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Wow! You're a busy fellow, these days!! (... and I love the innovative ideas!!)

I do like the slightly larger font for quotes. I could read the old one with no problem, but cleaning the nose prints off my monitor <i>was</i> becoming a pain... ;)
  4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

You hide your age in your profile ..and that is a lady's right, but your description of nose prints on the monitor would indicate you are closer to my age than most. :)
  5. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

Hate to be contrary, but I kinda liked the old quote style--thought it was classy. Oh well, whatever floats the most boats in the fleet.
  6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

If enough people did, I may revert. Or I may find a happy medium.