1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change the Name

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Jun 10, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

It is... and we all take the bait.

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

We already had many teams change their names from Rebels here in the South. Now we are working on the Redskins. Mark my words, animal rights groups will go after Lions, Tigers, Bears, Dolphins before long.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Crazy!

4. ethics

That's fine, they won't win though. Animal Rights are fringe and retards.

5. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

6. ethics

Those people are retards. ;)

7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yeah, I see quite a difference between "redskin" and "lion." And as Leon says, this particular issue is not going to disappear.

We're still on the same end of the spectrum, though. Whereas some of you have a 100% record calling these issues politically correct nonsense, I'm still at 99.56%, so we're still on the same end of the spectrum. :)

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Welcome to my end of the seesaw, Brian! ;)

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Problem solved as found on Twitter by Ron and Fez

Redskins.jpg ...

tke711 and ethics like this.
  10. Allene

Allene Registered User

Clever!

11. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

George Will knocks it out of the park with this one.

I'm getting tired of having someone elses righteous indignation shoved down my throat.

12. Greg

Greg Full Member

I wish somebody with the mentality of Larry Flynt would start a team like "The Chicago N***ers"

I don't use the word myself, nor the equally offensive word regarding Jews. For the record I'm a white Christian raised, but agnostic now. An agnostic is an atheist who is too chicken to come out of the closet.

Yes, you got it right. Like the magician's act we are looking at the hand that is waving in the air and not the hand that is reaching up the sleeve for the pigeon.

13. Greg

Greg Full Member

I have a Canon Digital Rebel T4i prosumer camera. Are they going to have to change the name? Domh recommended it and he should know. BTW I wish he was back. We finally got Vio back but we still need Domh to complete the clan.

14. Greg

Greg Full Member

I still can't find the place in the Constitution that guarantees us the right to not be offended.

15. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Allene and ethics like this.