1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chalabi

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Stiofan, May 28, 2004.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I found this article enlightening with the Oil for Food mess going on. Christopher Hutchens lays out his impressions on the man in the middle of the latest troubles in Iraq.

(hat-tip tacitus)

http://politics.slate.msn.com/id/2101345/

2. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Interesting viewpoint.

He says the opposite of what I have been saying all along.

Of course, at this point in time, either one of us may be correct.

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Or neither of you may be correct. This whole Chalabi affair and the Oil For Food deal will end up not so much unravelling, but being peeled like an onion...if it is ever completely sorted out. Before it's over, I do believe we'll be very surprised at just who all Chalabi was gaming and just how high up and in what governments oil for food taints.

4. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I agree. I have been saying as you for some time, but about a week and 1/2 ago Newt Gingrich, normally very much the supporter of the administration, was on one of the cable news shows and said he'd met Chalabi many times and said he was on the level. This had me thinking maybe the Administration wasn't totally forthcoming on the affair. Why would Gingrich go against the administration? Weird.

5. Neo

Neo Banned

It is a mistake to view Chalabi in moral or absolute good or bad terms. He neither supports nor opposes anyone. He cares only about Chalabi. His only motive is what is good for Chalabi as he perceives it and what does he have to do or say to who to get it. The only danger in dealing with him is not to recognize it. If you want to include him in any game you have to know what rules he plays by.

Actually he is very predictable and quite simple in an effective way.

As a side note I would be very suspect of the judgment and wisdom of anyone who having dealt with him would trust him. I would be very hesitate to trust anyone who trusted himespecially if they had dealt with him or dealt with those who had dealt with him.

He is the ultimate "salesman."