1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cars: stinkers of 2011

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Or at least disappointments. Instead of making you click through every car as CNN wants ad revenue maximized, here's basically the list:
    What's funny is that someone argued with me how awesome Fiat is and how lucky for Chrysler to partner with them. Good gosh...

Source: http://cnnmon.ie/sVDvGv

2. Greg

Greg Full Member

I've often wondered what people see in those things, unless they just want a punky looking car that looks completely different than the other cars.

I'm surprised Honda was able to screw up the Civic. It's been long time one of the best made economy cars on the road. It appears they messed up a sure thing.

And what about Saab? Apparently they're going into bankruptsy, although perhaps they will be saved. I wouldn't bet any money on that though. Perhaps some of their workers and plants can be used to make or assemble parts for others.

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

LMAO!

The Fiat is a joke! Smaller, more expensive and worse gas mileage than a Honda Civic doesn't equal sales. Everyone should have seen that coming.

4. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

Fiat is Italian for worthless wreck. :whistle:

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Fix It Again, Tony.

6. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

I know of one good use for the Cube... I work with a guy that plays drums in a local bar band on the weekends; the cube is the perfect, economical solution for hauling his set-up to their weekend gigs. That is the only reason he bought one. He would have gone for the equally ugly but roomy Scion xB, but the Cube was cheaper.

7. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

Some people like a heavier car. I once owned a 1964 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron. 5,005 pounds, cost me $100 but I never got it running.
    Rumor has it the previous owner totaled another car with the LeBaron, LeBaron didn't need any repairs.