1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carmakers eyeing Mexico

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Carmakers say adios to Canada as Mexico shifts into higher gear - Business - CBC News

No surprises here. With unions demanding the types of benefits and pay that nearly drove automakers into receivership, it's no small wonder that many are fleeing to Mexico where unions aren't king.

What's really telling are the comments at the end of the article. Proof positive that most liberals haven't a clue regarding economics. This is why most liberals oppose global corporations. They can't demand those high wages for little to no work in a job guaranteed for life.

ethics likes this.
  2. Greg

Greg Full Member

Los Angeles has enacted a new minimum wage law that steps up to $15/hour over a time period.

I'm laughing, when liberals start having to pay $10 for a Big Mac. ... Those that eat meat.

I already find myself eating at home more and more often, due to past price increases, and due to my interest in cooking. Yes food ingredients are going up too, but my labor costs remain the same: zero.