1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cards are being doled out by the Mexican government

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by cdw, Jan 28, 2003.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

1 million already distributed

Matricula consular cards are being doled out by the Mexican government at $25 a pop and are good for five years. All a Mexican national needs is a birth certificate and a photo ID issued either in the United States or Mexico, and he or she can use the card to obtain social services in the United States, open bank or utility accounts and obtain building permits.

Krikorian and Dinerstein said the documents used by Mexicans to get the cards are frequently not verified by officials and safeguards are not in place to prevent multiple cards from being used by the same person. The report also states that the Mexican government has no secure computer system in place to track Mexican nationals and suggests Mexican illegals may try to use the cards to evade arrest, jail and deportation.

Is Bush CRAZY?? This is a most rediculous and dangerous practice not to mention unfair to those of us who are working our butts off having to pay for "social services" that these people can get. Does he really believe that there could be any kind of control over these cards?

2. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

The only persons that would use the Matricula Consul cards are illegals, that is the only purpose of the card. Tom Tancredo (R) Colorado is leading the Congressional fight against this. http://www.house.gov/tancredo/newsroom/press/2003/2003_01_14powell.htm

About all his efforts in defying Bush on this has gotten him is the promise of a primary from Karl Rove, the president's top advisor. When the president stood there and flat out lied to us in the State of the Union Address by declaring that our governement has secured the borders, I was incensed.

I gotta get out of this state...many state and city government offices, including welfare offices are accepting this card as ID.

3. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I guess I"m going to have to fire off a couple of letters again.
    I don't know what good it will do, but at least I will have my say.
    This is really disgusting.