1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Cariad, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

I just watched a disturbing piece on TV about Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in the home. 4000 people die in fires each year, but did you know that 2000 people die of carbon monoxide poisoning? It's certainly not reported that often.

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home? I've had one installed since my son was born, but I know I'm the only one in my family who does. Most of my friends and family have a smoke alarm, but none have the CM detector. It's ludicrous not to have such a simply thing in your house, especially if you kids.

Get one today!!

2. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

I've had one for 15 years. My mother died from that when I was five. Carbon Monoxide scares the crap outa me.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You ain't kidding.

Back in high school, I lost a friend to this. His whole family never woke up one day.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Does carbon monoxide form because of the natural gas for heating? Because my whole house is electric - would I need a carbon monoxide detector?

5. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

I really don't understand those who don't take this precaution. There was a lady on this program who had lost 3 young children from this. Very sad. All preventable by buying a $20 device.
    wow, haywire, sorry to hear about your mom.

6. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

7. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

There are combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors available. We have them installed in our house. They are a proven safety item. Homes can be replaced, lives can't.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not to go OT, but did dad raise you alone?

9. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Yes. I have always installed CO2 detectors in my homes.