1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Believe Saving Private Ryan

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 29, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I had a more emotional response to that movie than any other movie I have seen.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

It was a unique movie for many good reasons and one bad, which wasn’t the movie’s fault.

It was an incredibly highly rated movie by the critics, both in terms of how high their ratings or reviews were plus the unanimity of an agreement by them.

The public fell in love with it both critically and at the box office where it was a worldwide smash.

Never in my memory has any movie enjoyed that high of a level of three-tier accomplishments. It was the very rare triple crown of film.

It also set by a country mile the new standard of its portrayal of combat in World War II on all levels. In fact, it was a groundbreaker. Nothing like it at preceded it. It was to films themed around war what Star Wars was to science fiction films. You couldn’t compare it to any film before it.

Now the bad: In the Academy Awards it lost the Best Picture Oscar for that year to “Shakespeare in Love.” Without a doubt in my mind THE worst political snub and wrong pick in Academy history, demonstrating once again that as a collective Hollywood is dominated by the most egregious level of cretin elites in the United States.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Allene likes this.