1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MP610 Paper Jam SOS!

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Allene, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

This morning I took it upon myself to print some photos. It's the first time I've tried to do that, and I had my 4 X 10 paper in the wrong orientation (landscape instead of portrait). So now the machine is telling me that "Paper Output Slot. The paper is jammed. Clear the paper and press OK." Page 83 of my manual tells me to open rear cover and insert a folded up page of regular paper and push it in until it hits the jammed paper. I tried doing that, but I don't know if I did it hard enough, or if I even bumped the paper at all. Whatever, it didn't work! I was using the cassette tray to print from, and I should have read the manual more carefully because the diagrams on the cassette tray are confusing, and the bit about not using landscape orientation is way off by itself in a different part of the manual. I don't see anything jammed in the front, so it must be way inside.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I'm not help, but if it gets bad enough, you can always follow the example set by the guys in Office Space. :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfCYzJAgwrw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfCYzJAgwrw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

LOL! I'm getting to that level! I don't think I actually have a paper jam. I can't see any evidence of it anywhere. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the machine and got the same error message. I may have to contact Canon. I was going to get a ton of stuff done today! If this keeps up, I'll be exhausted by noon.