1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian warship has no crew

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Swamp Fox, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Canada has a warship?

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

LMAO!!!

Hey, they even have a whopping 12 ships!

But, they only have 8800 sailors so that posses a bit of a problem.

:)

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Not only do they not have enough sailors, the Captain only speaks english and the crew speaks french. The cook is Portugeese.

5. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Did anybody find this just a bit interesting:

'To free a weapons tech now doing standard rotational duty in the frigate's kitchen, the Winnipeg is bringing over a fresh recruit from Canada, who has not yet learned a trade, to work in the kitchen. ' portion Copyright 2002 National Post

Does the US Navy rotate members of a CIC through the galley?

Inquiring minds would like to know!

6. jamming

jamming Banned

Yes, a certain number assist in the dispensing and cleaning of food for a 3 month period. It is generally those of E-4 or less in rank.

7. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

Welcome to the wonderful world created by the Canadian Liberal government... the same people who sent out "peacekeepers" with guns, but no ammunition, then tried to make our one major military sucess secret because they thought it sent the wrong message.

:(

8. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

LOL...good Lord!! :haha:

SM

9. Sierra Mike

Seems like the motto of the HMCS Montreal should be changed from Ready to Fight to something more reflective of its current disposition...such as Waiting to be Ready to Fight or Ready to be Target Practice.

SM

10. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

A strong sign of things to come in these United States unless people start waking up. :(

11. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Haywire, you are a moron.

Having trained people serve in the kitchen was called KP (kitchen police) in the military. Last I heard active duty bases outsourced KP duties in garrison to civilians in order to free up the military for training and readiness. Unfortunately you cannot do this on a ship.

12. Domh

Domh Full Member

LMAO

Canada is chock full of happy citizens with a great education system and a health care system that clearly demonstrates how far the US has its own head shoved in its own polyp ridden anus.

If I ever leave the USA, youll be able to find me in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

And yes, it may just be this spring.

Ive had it with this experiment gone awry.

Dont like that?

:kissmy:

13. tke711

But maybe it's this wonderful health care system that makes it impossible for Canada to afford a military.

Oh ya....that's what the USA is for....nevermind.

:)

14. Sierra Mike

LOL...so true, Gregg, so true.

SM

15. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

Canada only has 12 warships and not enough people to man them probably because they don't need 12 warships in the first place. I admire the Canadians (and Swedes, Norwegians, and Dutch)... they don't have huge military forces because they don't try to force their moral values on other countries so other countries leave them alone.

16. Domh

Domh Full Member

Bingo!

Now whos smarter, the healthy happy guy who lives behind the 900 pound gorilla, or the fat ass, big-mac munching retard who pays to feed the gorilla?

And lets spare each other the ole 'what if the gorilla goes away' silliness, we all know that Texas is full of the aformentioned zookeepers - we can also probably ignore the whole 'defend yerselves ya pussies' discussion, cause its pretty inane.

Sometimes I really wonder why more people ARENT emigrating to Canada.

;)

17. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

It's cold up there :(

18. tke711

After living in Canada for many years, I have many fond memories. It is a beautiful place with many wonderful people.

However, it is not the utopia that many perceive it to be. In fact, Canada has their fair share of problems just like any other country.

As for their lack of military, I can't say I blame them. They know damn well that the USA will not let anything happen as we don't want our enemy on the other side of that huge border.

19. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Yeah, and it's deep too....oops, wrong joke :p

20. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

To the fair to our military, they're labouring under a very restrictive budget... not their fault.

As to the size of the military... for the entire past century, the doctrine of the Canadian forces was not to have a large, standing army, but instead to develop an extremely competent and professional officer corp, which could train up a larger force quickly when need (and funding) arose.

Oh, and Haywire, the "Liberal Party of Canada" is roughly equivalent to the Democrats, but feel free to run and rant if it makes you happy ;). On the other hand, our version of the Republicans are the "Progressive Conservatives"... hows that for an oxymoron?