1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadian Indian leader show Lott how it is really done...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by limeygit, Dec 16, 2002.

1. limeygit

limeygit Assume Sarcasm...

2. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Proving once again, bigotry, hatred and ignorance know no boundaries.
    Idiots don't come color-coded and international borders don't stop lunatics.

As we approach the year 2003 in a couple of weeks, have we advanced to the
    point of enlightenment which will allow us to not misuse this technology we
    have developed?

The clock is ticking...

3. IamZed

IamZed ...

Firewater? I would think he was sheets into the wind when he made that speech. It was overtly suicidal. Only a drunk or I could do anything that stupid.
    The more I read the more I laughed.

4. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

He must be a closet Republican.

5. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

ZED,

Flat, falling down drunk or cold stone sober, there is *no* way you could say something like that.

You care too much.

Mike

6. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Perhaps his squaw does not keep him happy...or his buffalo ran away. One thing for certain, the man carries far too much hatred in his heart.

7. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Those comments were played on Canadian national TV, and they're totally outrageous comments.

8. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

To openly support Hitler, one of the most vile creatures that ever walked this earth, in his intent to rid Europe of the "Jewish problem", is insideous and inexcuseable.

But, I have put some thought into why Ahenakew may hold this view. Although I in no way condone his viewpoint, I think there is something valid deep in the Native psyche that might explain such statements.

Ahenakew talks of Jewish people taking over Europe, and that Hitler's strategy was simply to exterminate them. We could parallel this with white European settlers in North America, who so effectively decimated the Native people and their culture (this, of course, did not happen with Jewish immigration in Europe, but one could argue from a Palestinian pov that it has occurred in Palestine). In other words, Ahenakew's views are simply an allagory for the "White problem", which suggests he'd like to see all white "immigrant" Canadians (as he considers all non-natives as immigrants) fried just as Hitler would have liked to see happen to all Jews.

Like I said, in no way condoning the statements, or the viewpoints of Ahenakew, but just trying to better understand what could possibly posses a person so esteamed to hold the Order of Canada, to make such unpalatable statements.

9. Basilio

Basilio Banned

Geronimo, though I certainly find his remarks reprehensible, your comments are kind of stereotypical, most Natives did not hunt buffalo, so he may carry a lot of hatred vis-a-vis Jews who are members of the human race and he stereotyped them in the worst way, stereotyping Natives is not a way of a comeback, I think.....That is how we get into trouble in the first place...

Cheers...

Basilio