1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone PLEASE show this bitch how to throw a ball?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, May 20, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. ethics

Meanwhile... GWB... in one of the best documentaries ever (free on YouTube now)

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

Liev Schreiber is an outstanding film and stage actor. Top notch. History will remember him so. However, I believe that history will also judge him as one of the greatest narrators of documentaries of all time. His body of work is amazing.

Even if one did not know who he was and knew little to nothing about the documentary they were about to be shown, "Nine Innings from Ground Zero," a person would in the first sixty seconds be drawn in fully for a couple of reasons but foremost is the narration of Schreiber. The man is simply the best.

ethics likes this.
  4. ethics

Yep. I believe that was his first narration?

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

He has been narrating heavily since at least 1993 in various mediums. Truly a huge body of work.

His first work that I know of is for some PBS episodes of Frontline and Nova that may or may not of preceded 1993. He also has done lots of stuff for History Channel. So much other premier critically acclaimed and very successful popular work.

The one you probably first were profoundly impacted by was the wonderful 2001 HBO Documentary about the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team that you used to have on DVD: "Do You Believe in Miracles? The Story of the 1980 U.S. Hockey Team."

Here's a treat for you. It's a mediocre video quality Internet presentation. The opening lasts one minute thirty seven seconds before Schreiber begins his narration. (Maybe you still have the DVD or some other better source.)

ethics likes this.
  6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Now to be perfectly fair...

And I'm not one to generally defend Obama, but then again, I thought a lot of criticism against Bush was horribly unfair. So I don't want to reciprocate unfair criticism. There is plenty of legit criticism to be given to the Obama administration.

He was throwing to a 10 year old. If I were throwing to a 10 year old, I would soft-lob it in there too. Just sayin...

7. ethics

I doubt your stance would look like that.

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I mentioned Schreiber's narration uber-ness back in January in this thread, which included the youtube video below of the most recent HBO "24x7" series about the NHL's Winter Classic. In the opening three minutes or so, the combination of the writing and Schreiber's mongo narration voice make you want to stick around and watch more, which I did. :)

ethics likes this.
  9. ethics

Except I hate both teams, never bothered. ;)

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, no, and I don't wear mom-jeans either; whenever I talked about "getting into her pants", I meant I wanted some poontang. And I know a pretty fair amount about firearms, and have been in quite a number of fights in my lifetime, with dirtballs who needed it pretty badly... Defending the defenseless, of course.

There are men, and there are chicks with wieners.

I always find the chicks with wieners amusing. They are artsy fartsy types who are vegans and go to film festivals. Their girlfriends are with them doing their very best to convince themselves that they prefer a sensitive, nurturing guy, but that rarely lasts...

Obama is definitely a chick with a wiener. The reason Michelle Obama is around is because she wants to be dominant, and she definitely is.

Allene and ethics like this.
  11. ethics

Haha, damn! Pretty accurate.