1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cal's new women's pole vault signee

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, May 4, 2007.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You are making way too many assumptions there.

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

More like Mia Hamm celebrity status. There's a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it.

3. drntdrtydg

drntdrtydg Registered User

That's it. But I think there is a stressor factor involved, I think mamals in stressfull situations might arrive at puberty earlier as a means of insuring reproduction. Like when there are disaster pregnancies-peoples instincts are to mate quick. I see a lot of women I initially think are in their early 20s and when they are closer one can tell they're actually 17 or 18. Some of it might have to do with their outfits. The gloves are off in that respect today; tighter, smaller, and more revealing outfits are the riguer.

4. drntdrtydg

Like shorts need to be that small and tight to pole vault? Shes 18 for heavens sake-thats a grown woman.

5. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

*shrug* maybe it helps with wind resistance LOL ;)

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Other than something like the shot put, I can't think of a track and field sport where the athletes haven't done that.

7. drntdrtydg

Well I'm not complaining but they're all upset about the attention she's getting and it seems to me that shorts like that get attention with damn near anybody in them. Take a perfectly fit and attractive 18 year old woman and..."Surprise surprise surpise, heck Maw, we got all these inter-net messages!" Well, as a high school girl might say..."Duhhh!"

8. SixofNine

Form-fitting is in and has been for quite a while. This is what you'll typically see on male sprinters (Asafa Powell, 100m world record holder).

9. drntdrtydg

And I'm sure it turns a lot of womens heads too! Mostly though they probobly have a little more dignity about such things than most men.

10. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

I have to agree here. That is why I've stopped posting any pics of my daughter. I have a modeling agency that is currently driving me nuts as they want to 'represent' my daughter. Sorry, no desire to have her involved in that life.

11. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

Oh yeah, YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF DIRTY OLD MEN, MOST OF YOU OLD ENOUGH TO BE HER FATHER!

12. ethics

LOL, but we are not her father.

13. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Just an update for y'all. Check out this guy's site. He's compiled all the Stokke pictures out there into one site for your viewing enjoyment. ;) Crazy kids....

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Another pole vaulter with a sweet ass. :thumbsup:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxUmKdZXLug&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxUmKdZXLug&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. ethics

OMG! Oh wait, she is Russian. Par for the course, laddie.

16. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Yeah, but as soon as they hit 30, look out! Say, isn't that a terrorist-supporting, American-killing, DD-latte-drinking, Rachel Ray-loving cloth on her head, too?

17. ethics

Just by inserting that pic shows you are compassionate to Palestinian terror!!!

18. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

:lol:

19. SixofNine

Well, that's what she's doing now, working to make the Olympic team. Check out this cool video of her pole vaulting with a GoPro recording.

20. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Girl's still got it! ;)