1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye Bye MLB

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jun 26, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Allene likes this.
  2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

While I always want to see my home team do well (good for the local economy), I find baseball far too slow and boring.

ethics and Allene like this.
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Watching a game live at the stadium is still a lot of fun. Games on TV make for good background noise when I'm working out in the basement. :) I have very pleasant memories of watching Mets and Yankees games on summer evenings on TV with my father. They always ended in time for us to watch The Tonight Show.

Attendance is one thing. I wonder what the TV revenue numbers and trends are. But no doubt: MLB has lost its luster.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

That is how I've always felt about baseball! I went to a Red Sox game on a date back in the late 1960s when I was living in Boston. It was a long, slow evening!

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

There are 18 players in the lineup during the game. Only three of the eighteen are doing anything resembling an ongoing basis. Eight of the nine on one team are doing nothing at all and only two of the nine out in the field are doing anything at all with a few intermittent sporadic brief moments of action popping up. (Scratching their crotches and spitting are not counted as activities for our purposes.)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    ethics likes this.
  6. Allene

Allene Registered User

:rolf-53: No wonder I found it slow.

7. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Baseball is 90 seconds of highlights crammed into 2.5 hours.

Although I like watching the highlight reels and play compilations.

ethics likes this.
  8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

1. How much are the games and food and drinks? It's out of control.
    2. SOunds like most of your approach is sentimental. Can't say anything against that.