1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUT GLOBAL WARMING???!?!?!

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 14, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

This one might be a case of poor scientific journalism. The press release from the Royal Astronomical Society says:

They're talking about solar conditions, not climate on Earth.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Correct. My prediction is that the GW is a ramp up to a Global Cooling, if not an (overdue) Ice Age.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I think all these people have too much spare time.

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

:lolaway-5:

Just look at the weather rock, right Allene?

[​IMG]

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

What a fantastic invention. We need more of these! ;)

7. Greg

Greg Full Member

The fact is that nobody can predict the future. I'm getting kind of old and getting sick of watching young idiots argue global warming vs global cooling.

I'd love to see the liberal global warming religion struck down by a long term cycle of cooling. Stick this up your Keystone pipeline!

It would be worth it to me to have cooling problems just to see the liberals get it shoved up their asses.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As a matter of fact, i can say with absolute certainty that no matter what Man does on Earth like a flea on the ass of an elephant, in a few billion years this planet will either be a frozen dark rock, or consumed within the flames of a Sun going nova.

9. Greg

Greg Full Member

LOLOL, but you can't say which! :D

Actually there is a real possibility that the global poles may shift (switch). It has happened before but man was not yet evolved and we know little about what it's like. I suspect the effects take hundreds of years to settle down.

Geologically it is quite possible for the Earth's core to do a flip-flop and suddenly the north and south reverse. This would doubtlessly cause a temporary period where the protective effect of the Earth's magnetic field wold be absent, and may cause a lot of sterilization from the sun's harmful rays.

Maybe the liberals would go for a fence surrounding the US, not to stop illegal aliens but to stop the atmospheric pollution from China.

That is the ONE BIG FACT that is always left out of liberal global warming advocates. It will make little difference what the US does unless the rest of the world follows our lead. Otherwise we may solve a few percent of the problem, and in the process place ourselves as a third rate global economic power. All of this to be "green."

10. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

If the Sun's activity does dip as predicted and we get all really into taking care of this "global warming" I think we would turn a "mini Ice Age" into a full blown one.

Wanna make a GW activist explode their head? Ask them, "What is the proper temperature we should attain and maintain?"

11. Greg

Greg Full Member

In the words of Hillary Clinton, "What difference does it make?" (different context)

Whether it's Global Warming or Global Cooling the part people focus on isn't "Global." If man is in any way responsible for a significant effect, then man must act globally to have an impact. I can't imagine that China doesn't have a greater impact than US, but I haven't heard of any Chinese concern about anything except global domination. They put poison in food if it makes a better profit, and many Chinese imports to the US have been forbidden because they are harmful to our health.

I feel like Nero fiddling as Rome burns, listening to the liberals blather on about Global Warming. In my opinion all the liberals are accomplishing is hamstringing the US economically and harming our ability to compete in global commerce. They are turning the US into an economic colony for the rest of the world.