1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush now an Idiot to Canadiasns

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

One out for telling the truth, but another Canadian steps up to the plate to keep the game going. Bravo...

Excerpts from two stories:

M's aide quits over 'moron' comment

OTTAWA -- The prime minister's aide has stepped down over her comment that U.S. President George W. Bush is a "moron."

Francoise Ducros sparked a storm last week when she referred to Bush as a "moron'' in a private conversation with a reporter in the media room at the NATO summit in Prague. The comment was overheard by another reporter who published the remark.

More at:
    http://canada.com/national/story.asp?id={5921FF88-4B6B-4FA9-843D-4F794814118A}

Klein adviser calls Bush 'idiot'
    Media firm's VP apologizes for 'editing error' in memo on Ducros

Larry Johnsrude
    The Edmonton Journal

Tuesday, November 26, 2002

EDMONTON -- A media adviser to the Alberta government has apologized for referring to George W. Bush as "that idiot" in an internal memo commenting on the controversy over a senior federal aide who called the U.S. president "a moron."

More at:
    http://canada.com/national/story.asp?id={AFC42C56-BB5F-457B-AEAF-5D58F21AB39C}

2. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

That's pretty sad that one reporter decided to boost his or her carrer at the expense of another human being's own career. Bravo. I now think even less of the media, in general. One person uses her freedom of speech in what she thought was a private conversation, and another uses his or hers to tattle on her. Isn't that nice.

Ducros' actual comment doesn't disturb me anywhere near as much as the reporter who told on her. Hmmm...so she resigned. I guess she won't have to serve detention now after school?

3. Domh

Domh Full Member

I sure would like to settle this once and for all.

On the one hand, if you spend some time watching and listening to the man, he is clearly a fucking moron.

On the other hand, he is the President of The United States of America.

Either he really is a moron and a puppet president placed in power all throughout his career by dads friends, or he isnt a moron, but just looks and sounds like one.

I suspect hes a shrewd fellow, but Im also confident he aint a genius.

I yearn for somebody to run for any office who has a proper command of the English language, and is a fiery orator. We need some old school action.

;)

4. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Of course the mass majority of the people that call Bush all sorts of names aren't exactly shining examples of literate success either.

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Perhaps Jesse Jackson?
    Al Sharpton?

Maybe Clinton can run again...

I wonder who is REALLY the moron.

6. Domh

Domh Full Member

*barf*

no ill pass on those three.

you flamin me boy?

;)

7. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Trying my best:):):)

8. Domh

Domh Full Member

Oooooo-kay and its OFF to IM!

;)

9. Domh

Domh Full Member

yoink

10. -Ken

-Ken Guest

<small>As posted by Bruzzes,</small>
    "I wonder who is REALLY the moron."

I thought it had been universally accepted as Dan Quayle.
    [​IMG]

11. Robert Harris

Quayle was a Republican test case -- to see if they could get away with foisting a moron on the American public. They did get away with it, more or less, so they gave us another one, in the top job.

12. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Of course, if you consider that 83% of Americans can't find Iraq on a world map, it's not entirely fair to paint a picture of a stupid President when we got plenty of stupid citizens to choose from. Talk about discrimination. ;)

13. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Whether or not the man truly is a moron is irrelevant, in my opinion. The woman was overheard in a PRIVATE conversation. Some asshole journalist saw fit to quote her, and it cost her her job. That is not at all cool. And besides, that woman hasn't said anything that many other journalists aren't saying right at this moment. It is an opinion, and she said it during a PRIVATE conversation.

Doesn't SNL pretty much call Bush a moron with every skit that they do featuring him? In my opinion, it should be the journalist who ran to the press with this story who should lose his/her job.

I do agree, though, that Bush lacks charisma. Is he a moron...? I don't know, but he certainly doesn't sound very intelligent at times.

14. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

The only thing that comes to mind is a cross between Winston Churchill and Adolf Hitler... be careful what you wish for Dom. ;)

It truly is a shame that Ducros lost her job over this. It's also odd in the sense that, had she called Cretien a moron she most likely would not have lost her job over it. Everyone would be saying, "Well, that wasn't very nice, eh? Oh well, d'trute hurts."

Although in the moron department, Bush most definitely out ranks Cretien.

15. mikeky

mikeky Member

I still don't understand this thing about everyone considering Bush a moron. I wonder what the criteria for that is? The flubs in speeches or inability to articulate as well as past Presidents when it's not scripted? If so, then will we hold that old stereotype about stutterers as true as well. I hope not. I may disagree with some things he's done and policies, but I won't underestimate him as stupid.

16. Coriolis

Well, my first clue was when he running for president and was asked to name the leaders of four current world hot spots -- Chechnya, Taiwan, India and Pakistan, I think. He gave a partial response to only one.

If we're just underestimating him (and that could actually be the case, I'll give him that) he's making it pretty easy for us.

17. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

OT - I believe I read somewhere (probably one of my classes, not sure) that people who stutter are, on average, more intelligent than non-stutterers... Interesting, eh? :)

Back ot - I'm confused about one thing, though - so in an internal memo that was passed around the Canadian PM's office about the PM's aide calling Bush a moron, they reffered to Bush as "that idiot"???

This story just gets better and better, doesn't it? So Bush is officially an idiot??

18. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

A person's career most likely ruined...just for speaking their mind during a private conversation. I think it's a bad sign.

19. Robert Harris

So the question is: Is an idiot a step up or down from a moron?

20. Coriolis

An idiot is a moron who doen't know he is a moron.

Of course, this means a moron may or may not be an idiot who may or may not know he's a moron who's also an idiot.

So, I guess it's a step down (or up, if you're the idiot).