1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn baby burn...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by cdw, Jan 23, 2003.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

What a spin this is!

http://www.amsterdamnews.org/news/Article/Article.asp?NewsID=21618&sID=4

"Fire officials told reporters about two hours after the two-alarm blaze was reported that it looked suspicious. But some 45 minutes later, they changed the story, saying that the incident was still being investigated"

Everywhere else, it's being reported as and electrical fire, starting with an extension cord.

And then this is added for effect: " Reporters were barred from entering."

They never are... But hey, throw it in there for effect.
    He probably had it started himself....great publicity.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Sharpton is a publicity whore but not sure if he did this himself.

3. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Now there, Ethics. Restrain yourself -- you may be talking about ouir next president.

But I notice that the story did not mention insurance -- how much did he have.

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

So Bob, are you getting a gerry curl in anticipation of this blessed event? rofl

5. cdw

I seriously doubt anyone intentionally started it. But that's not stopping his followers from making it into an issue.... it's the only paper that I've seen even hint at some sort of conspiracy.

6. cdw

Hmmm....interesting question. What I was wondering, since he's calling for all these donations to help rebuild, if the money would somehow end up in the campaign coffers.

7. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

Perhaps he couldn't find all the bugs the CIA planted and decided to just burn the place down. ;)