1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bruce Jenner interview, he comes out.....

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Andy, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ethics likes this.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I don't get whole trans thing, but whatever. It's a free country, do what you want to do. The fact that he came out as a Rep is delicious.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Other than I hope he finds peace I have no interest in what gender he identifies with. To each his/her/its own.

Allene likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg Full Member

It's pretty weird him going tranny, but I sort of get it. He's mixed up in his head. There is a whole nature vs. nurture debate in psychology, is X behavior caused by genetic predisposition (nature) or is it caused by the environment the person was brought up in and the psycho/social/relationships the person experienced during the years their personality was developing. (I took developmental psychology in college and I still don't get it.)

Are you predisposed or disposed to be tranny, gay, a smoker, a druggie, a truck driver? It's the infinite variations of the human psyche. The whole thing is a psychological multidimensional continuum.

The best thing is that you can be glad to be relatively normal. I say "relatively" because there really is no normal. There are just people who don't stick out in any specific way which probably describes most of us on the forum. (I remember one of our moderators got sent away for CP. Forgot his name but I still feel sorry for him.)

The fact is, average IQ is 100. Probably all of us are above or even way above average intelligence, because the things we discuss don't appeal to stupid people. And remember, half of the people in America (or anywhere) are below average intelligence.

I feel sorry for Jenner. I can't imagine many situations that would be more awkward, especially for a public figure.