1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking News: Al Gore not to run in 2004

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Techie2000, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

2. Perry Stroika

Perry Stroika Member

Democrats not as dumb as people think. :)

3. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

That's right, Perry. Not nearly as dumb as Republicans.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I think Gore's too busy inventing something else to bother with the 2004 Presidential race ;)

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

We will see how smart the Dems are. If they run a moderate they can move many of us who are not at all happy with the religious right agenda and the Patriot Act. They won't pull any votes with Clinton or other of her or his ilk. Or with Gore for that matter.

6. limeygit

limeygit Assume Sarcasm...

Not that anyone will agree with me, but I think it is kind of noble of Gore to fall on his sword considering how much he wanted to be President, and how, well, contested, his loss was. He realizes he would end up hurting his party if he forced himself into the race.
    I wonder though, whether he holds out hopes for 2008 or 2012?

7. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, now that Gore has avoided the obvious trouncing in 2004, it remains to be seen whether or not the party will be smart enough to discourage Kerry also.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not sure who will disagree with you, but that's a pretty decent summary of the whole thing.

9. dainbramage

dainbramage Land Of The Lost

It's too bad that he died, I would rather have voted for Pat Paulsen.

10. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

You guys always have Jesse Jackson on your side.
    <small>****SNICKER***SNICKER***SNORT***</small> :_

11. dainbramage

dainbramage Land Of The Lost

What would the Smothers Brothers have done with him?

12. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Did anyone see him on SNL last night? The West Wing skit was funny...:)

Anyways I think we should have Hillary run! Otherwise I'd support Sen. Kerry...

13. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

Bob, thanks for explaining that to the Democrats! It is important they understand it.

14. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I agree with the mindset Gore will be back in 2008. I think he has written of the upcoming 2004 election as unwinnable by the democrats.

I laughed pretty hard at Gore's characterization of Trent Lott in the hardball skit.

The West Wing skit was hilarous too. I'm going to look out the window and I want you to say "Mr. President the joint chiefs of staff are waiting for your answer"

15. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

As far as a democratic candidate for President goes nobody jumps out at me. If they run Hillary it will be a slugfest for sure.

16. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

She may be the best man for the job! (I'm sorry! The devil made me do it!)

17. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Why am I suddenly getting sick to my stomach?

18. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

She does have the biggest balls in the party.

19. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

Under current conditions I would not vote for Hillary. I'll make this promise to the GA gang right now: If she divorces him I will vote for her.

20. yazdzik

yazdzik Veteran Member

Should this not be in the philosophy forum as it may foster belief in a deity?
    -M