1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bored at work? Ikariam.com - a little conquest / diplomacy kind of game.

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Copzilla, May 17, 2008.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

OK somehow my Beta got borked so I am starting all over again.

Server - BETA

Island - Sameetia[31:86]

Town - Aegle

Anybody nearby?

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'm probably fairly close at Breulios[26;93]

3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Here's where I'm at now.

Town hall lvl 3
    Academy lvl 4
    Wall lvl 3
    Warehouse lvl 2
    Trading port lvl 1
    Barracks lvl 1

Have 2 cargo ships, haven't used them yet.

Almost done with Wine Press

Finished Well Digging, Conservation, Pulley, and Wealth

I have 75 working in Timber and 45 in Wine production, 16 in Research

I'm kind of stuck as I don't have much Marble left, and I'm getting low on Crystal.

Any suggestions as to what to do next? I've been donating to the island fund in timber, wine and big thingie statue, so the neighbors won't do a forced donation/pillage thing which I hear happens. Actually donated a lot for only having a lvl 3 Town Hall.

How long does it take to travel, is there a formula for distance? Need to start trading so I can get more resourses.

4. SixofNine

See question number nine in this FAQ.

We're probably going to start as sort of a weird alliance in that we're probably scattered all over the globe -- not easy to come to the aid of an ally, and military ships move slower than cargo (at least the latter can carry troops).

A lot of us can help you with resources. It seems that wealth resources are usually traded on a 1:1 basis. I could send you 100 marble for 100 wine.

5. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Thanks, I guess I should colonize an island close to me with marble on it.

6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

That's the thing to do! I'm about to start my second colony - meaning my third city. I'm going for wine this time so I can sustain some growth.

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

That is what I am working on now. My palace is almost done. I haven't decided what material I am going after next.

This is an addicting little game.

8. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

I just started my first colony this morning. Wine on this one. Once I get it established, I'll move on to another one, probably sulfur, I think.

9. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Yes I am just Northeast of you in:
    Llaleos[27:82] - Rum Bay
    And just Northwest of you in:
    Tonieos[25:88] - Booty Bay

I am going to try and stay with the Bay names for all my towns.

10. Domh

Domh Full Member

Good deal Sam. I am working up the research ladder which will take much of the week. Once I am ready to trade, align etc. I will holler. :happy:

11. SixofNine

I like this FAQ on starting out. Wish I had found it earlier, but I've pretty much gone with this program anyway. In research I've followed this almost to a 'T' except he lists Siege as "required" in his course catalog rather than an elective. I have about two hours left on Professional Army as a prerequisite for Culinary Specialties. I suppose I could postpone the Economy track once Professional Army is done and proceed directly to Siege, especially if that helps our fledgling alliance, which it would if I can donate battering rams.

I have also drifted from this FAQ in terms of the breadth and depth of my buildings, too, at the expense of building a palace and expanding. Almost all of my spare people go to the sawmill (currently 65), quarry (65), and academy (35). I've made most of my modest pile of gold (4,700 atm) selling via the Trading Post.

Here's my current breakdown:

Town Hall: level 5
    Academy: 6
    Wall: 5
    Warehouse: 4
    Trading Port: 4
    Trading Post: 4
    Barracks: 3 (no soldiers yet, I fired my two slingers :blush:)
    Shipyard: 2
    Embassy: 1
    Tavern: 3
    Hideout: 4 going on 5

With the way the Trading Post has been making me money, I want to upgrade it to level 5 soon because that will expand its range from a radius of two island to three (i.e., more people will be able to see what I have for sale).

In the meantime I'll continue to help my lame-ass island's sawmill and quarry get above level 5.

Edit: P.S.: 5 cargo ships

12. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Oh Seid and I are very close also. Nice!:)

13. MNeedham73

You're lucky Sam. I've got one of my ships on it's way to him, and it's something like a 2 day round trip lol.

14. SixofNine

I know, that's nuts! :rofl:

15. MNeedham73

When can we upgrade to Boeing 747 cargo planes?!? :lol:

16. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Yay I have my first colony!

Ighteuos[25:41] > Blue Bayou

Of course I went for wine instead of marble but oh well. What buildings should I be focusing on for the colony?

17. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Looks like we borked their server. Been getting time-outs all afternoon.

18. SixofNine

I'm kind of in between your two towns, huh?

19. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

My second colony is now under development, so I'll now have crystal, marble and wine. I also have place two more diplomacy points into the alliance, so Seid, you should be able to invite two more people when they're eligible.

Now that I handed the diplomacy, military and secretarial jobs out, I no longer have the menus to see who all has what... hehe, kinda neat. Delegation of responsibility. All I can do is keep upgrading my embassy to expand the total operation.

20. SixofNine

Cool, will do. Please post here when you're ready.