1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bored at work? Ikariam.com - a little conquest / diplomacy kind of game.

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Copzilla, May 17, 2008.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Beta, Island of Bifios 95:55, town is Post Falls, name Stio.

2. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

First colony being founded on Onoos [36:92]. Will have marble on this end shortly....

Fun game :)

Jerry

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I could also trade some of my marble for your crystal, so let me know if you want to trade 100 straight up. I would also consider 200 wood for 100 marble.

Right now I'm on the Seafaring research chain working my way down to Foreign Cultures so I can build embassies. I'm on the prerequisite step, Espionage. I have 20 scientists hard at work on the research, but Espionage is a time sink. Who do they think they are, Q? :) Seven hours left on Espionage and Foreign Cultures will take another day with the current complement of scientists.

Once I get Foreign Cultures I plan to switch back to Economy so I can build a tavern. :D Not sure which research track I'll take after that.

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Hey Domh, what are the coordinates to your island?

5. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm stuck on Espionage right now too. Fun fun :)

6. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I think he is out of town until Tuesday.

I am building up to expand my palace for colony #2 in alpha world.

My co-ordinates are way too far from anyone of you in beta.

Probably would take a week back and forth.

Bummer!

7. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I'm even farther. Doesn't bother me, I'm just learning. This game is a time sink. To be able to research what I need seems like it will take weeks. I'm at level 3 on my town hall and need marble to increase it more. I can't colonize until I research a bunch of steps, and can't make wine until I do the same. Until then I have nothing to trade or can't get other stuff myself. I guess I'll just let it go for a few days and build up gold and wood.

8. MNeedham73

Anyone got any wine to spare? I've got crystals and wood to trade :)

9. SixofNine

I can trade 100.

Edit: For crystal.

10. MNeedham73

Alright....100 crystal on it's way shortly :)

Thanks

11. SixofNine

Same with the grapes. :)

12. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I got marble coming out of my ears. Reaching maximum storage capacity soon. I am looking to trade for glass and wine.

13. MNeedham73

200 glass coming your way bro. Can always use marble :)

14. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Should probably see a shrink about that bud. That way you'll stop loosing your marbles. :D

15. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

On its way. Thnx again.

16. MNeedham73

Bro, I lost my marbles years ago lol

17. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I'm making wine now, will have some tomorrow if anyone needs any. I finished wealth, and received 50 of each luxury goods by doing so. didn't know I'd get that. So I have some to level up my Walls, Town hall, Academy, Warehouse, and build the Tavern with.

18. Domh

Domh Full Member

I cannot seem to log in to my Beta account. Confused. Emailing support.

19. Domh

Domh Full Member

WTF

"Action Failed" when requesting password.

:yougottabekidding:

EDIT - contacted matt@ikariam.com, the BETA world admin. Will report back.

20. SixofNine

Finally finished Wine Press research overnight and quickly got a level 2 Tavern built. That skyrocketed the town's satisfaction to the point where I'll be thinking about expanding the town hall soon.

I think I'll keep researching the Economy track at least down to Holiday to gain another source of satisfaction. For that reason I might then switch over to Science and work my way down to Cultural Exchange to be able to build museums.

In the meantime I'll continue to work on passive defense: wall level, spies in the hideout, defensive phalanxes, and some ballista ships. I doubt that I have reached the radar screen of any professional pillagers, but a lot of them in the forums say that if you take a few basic steps in self-defense they'll probably bypass you.