1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombs go off at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Apr 15, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yes, I am aware of the Muslim motivation, but the Right Wing literature?
  2. David M

David M Full Member

Perhaps Muslim motivation and Right Wing literature have something in common?
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

4. ethics

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Very interesting! The oldest fellow had totally unrealistic expectations. Even for an American kid, they'd have been way off the mark. It makes me wonder how many people like him are in this country.
  6. ethics

As one who used to live in an immigrant community? A LOT. But most, like 99% of the FSU folk are not like that nor would turn to something like that. At least my point of view.
  7. Greg

Greg Full Member

I would think that immigrating from the FSU to the US would put a whole new twist on your head, that it would be like moving from hell to heaven.

I just bought a new house and it was like that for me, moving from hell to heaven. I've been living here 6 months and the only thing I have to complain about is the jerk across the street who told me I was parking my pick-up truck in his daughter's space on the street.

No big deal. Anyway I sold the truck a few days ago.
  8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, I'd expect them to appreciate the freedom and opportunity to make a life for themselves. So that family came over here with the wrong attitude to begin with.
  9. ethics

Heaven? Really?
  10. Greg

Greg Full Member

Leon I have never lived in or even visited FSU. I just moved from the San Fernando Valley to the Santa Clarita Valley. It was like moving from hell to heaven for me..

I bet the San Fernando Valley is a lot better than the FSU.

You came from the FSU, right? Tell me you aren't thrilled to death to be in America. Even better, if you could go to a better place than America, where would you go? (And why haven't you done so yet.)

Many people in this world have no choice where they live. You and I are among the few who could live in whatever country we want. I'm voting with my feet, and I presume you do too. My feet tell me to stay right here.

(Just a side comment, my feet tell me that in 20 years I may be an Arizona resident on account of California's rampant Pelosi-ism, Boxer-ism and Feinstein-ism. To say nothing of being up to my tits in liberals.)