1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombs go off at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Seeing reports in the news of two bombs that went off at the Boston Marathon, injured a ton of people.

Got to be a terrorist attack. First bomb brings in the first responders, second one takes them out.

2. Copzilla

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

But it was only 10 seconds apart? Also, finding other devices in the area.

My take? It's tax day, someone is pissed at the Feds. Homegrown.

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

ethics likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So obviously the answer here in Mass will be to create more laws banning these types of weapons.

As sad as it is, I wonder how many that were there and witnessed this act of war upon innocent civillians, still think their Govt is the first line of defense to protect them?

6. ethics

7. ethics

8. Arc

Arc Full Member

Multiple bombs at different locations detonating means strongly implies or suggests conspiracy involving multiple perpetrators and a coordinated sophisticated plan which if true means terrorists. Homegrown or foreign unknown. If terrorists I would guess home grown most likely.

Alternative is one person acting alone that took his time. Still by my definition terrorism and increases likelihood of domestic or homegrown terrorist.

9. Copzilla

I don't think the Post is full of shit. I thought it was homegrown too, at first, because it was so much like the Atlanta bombings. But it looks like he's been caught.

10. Arc

Arc Full Member

Like I normally due in the fog of chaos in a breaking story I am only lightly following the story. Actually I try to avoid it to a great extent.

Initially I was reminded of the London bombings years ago. I'm not saying this is the same just saying that was my first pure gut reaction to the sketchy breaking news.

As far as he being caught and assuming he is involved we don't know if he was the bomber or one of the bombers. Now the rest of the TV tonight will likely wipe out all of its regular programming with little or anything of new of substance while we archival footage over and over and over and over.

11. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

My thoughts:

• God bless the runners who were in the last mile of 26 who then ran to the hospital to give blood.
    • Praise God for the people of all kinds who ran to help.
    • Who goes to the trouble of building at least 4 devices, transports them to where a crowd of 27,000 people will be, then sets them off 3 hours after that crowd is there?
    • Based on that thought and the date (Patriot's Day), it's going to be a far-right-wing domestic group, and there will be a sacrificial lamb or two from that group thrown under the bus.

12. Copzilla

NYPost might be full of shit... I stand corrected.

Man, every time I start to think the media might be right, they prove me wrong.

13. ethics

Don't feel bad, it's NY Post. :)

14. ethics

• Massachusetts governor says no unexploded bombs were found at Boston Marathon; only explosives were two bombs that went off near finish line.

15. ethics

16. Arc

Arc Full Member

It possibly may be a lengthy time until we know who did it, why they did it, and all of the how did they did it. Or it might be a slam bam bang in learning all like the McVeigh bombing.

Parts of the explosion reminded in a way of an exploding claymore mind. I'm not making any allegation just offering up a gut reaction to the circumstances of the explosion.

17. Copzilla

ethics likes this.
  18. ethics

I agree. Btw, maybe I am getting old but aside from erroneous Jewel incident, did we get the perpetrator in the Atlanta Olympics bombing?

19. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Wasn't it the abortion clinic bomber who hid in a national forest in North Carolina?

20. Arc

Arc Full Member

Yes, but not before the FBI said Richard Jewell definitely did it and then oops. Also the notorious Ms. Cynthia Tucker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_Tucker

the activist editor and columnist too I think for the major paper in Atlanta wrote a scathing indictment and condemnation of Jewell. After he was cleared I don't think she ever offered a retraction or sincere apology--at least not that I remember.